Recent posts

General discussions / Re: Approaching new Android re...
Last post by axin - 27. July 2014, 14:08:53
Hi Starssoft,

thanks for helping testing and your positive feedback. I am still looking at some usability issues with the new version. When this is fixed we can push the release to the Play Store.

As said before, I added your feature request concerning notifications of new dictionaries to the list of open issues. I might be able to look into that after the release. If you have some time or know someone who can implement the feature feel free to direct them here. We are happy to help getting anyone started who wants to contribute to the project.

Cheers,
Achim
Problems / Re: DfM WebApp on Windows Phon...
Last post by hiong3-eng5 - 24. July 2014, 06:48:08
The setting of WP8.1's IE is limited. It does not even display it's version number. I tried doing both desktop and mobile mode with no success.  Seems to me that the mobile version does not support this.

Hope that Windows do update mobile IE to support this.
Last post by Gert - 20. July 2014, 19:58:29
Guess that should mean that IE 11 does implement overrideMimeType: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/dn448456(v=vs.85).aspx ; or not ? Well that description is really not clear for me. At least the Windows IE 11 does implement overrideMimeType.

Besides, long term I plan to replace overrideMimeType: when I change to web workers. But that will take quite some time, cause web workers do not provide multithreading as Java does (described here: http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=285.msg1534#msg1534). I will have to do some substantial redesign due to the restrictions of web workers.

Guess Microsoft will soon provide an updated version of the IE for Windows Phone ? That should solve all problems.

Best greetings,
Gert
Last post by hiong3-eng5 - 19. July 2014, 15:42:37
Html5test.com reports I am  using version 11 for wp8.

I'll  report if I find a solution.
Problems / DfM WebApp on Windows Phone 8....
Last post by Gert - 19. July 2014, 08:25:56
We did receive a report, that on a Windows Phone 8.1 there is a message that the html5 overideMimeType is not supported. This message does mean that the dictionary files, which are locally stored on the device in the html5 application cache, cannot be read, i.e. translations will not work.

The DfM WebApp runs nicely since version 11 of the Internet Explorer; Internet Explorer versions prior to 11 (e.g. Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 10) had a poor support for HTML5 and the DfM WebApp does not run on those older Internet Explorer versions.

What version of Internet Explorer is running on Windows Phone 8.1  ?

Regards,
Gert
General discussions / Re: DfM webApp 4 - Initiation
Last post by Gert - 18. July 2014, 06:59:11
For me, all important points are included in your planning :)

Best greetings,
Gert

P.S.: I am sure that over time there will be more wishes  ;)
General discussions / DfM webApp 4 - Initiation
Last post by starssoft - 18. July 2014, 03:50:21
Dear Users,

We planned to build webApp Version 4 for DfM.  It would be complete and final version for DfM.

We proposed to do :
1. Standard webApp for both mobile and PC,
2. Implement content security policies,
3. Implement warning message before downloading the App,
4. Additional themes to add more color for webApp.

We also welcome some more ideologies to improvise webApp.

Stars Soft
General discussions / Re: Approaching new Android re...
Last post by starssoft - 18. July 2014, 03:26:07
Dear Achim,

The beta app is working fine and more over it also support's normations.  The speed of app is also very fast and smooth.

Please try to make some thing to notify user's about new dictionaries.  One of the user requested for Telugu dictionary via play store review.  I've posted Telugu dictionary. but, he might not get to know about it until, he rerun the dictionaries list.  So, kindly make some arrangement to notify users.
General discussions / Approaching new Android releas...
Last post by axin - 06. July 2014, 20:31:40
Dear Colleagues,

we are making progress with the development of the new Android version, featuring multiple active dictionaries (available in the core since last year...), user interface translated to 18 languages, optimized icons for high-density devices, and more. There are still some rough corners, if you still like to give it a try feel free to join:

1.Join the following Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dfm-android-betatester
2.Wait for your request being approved
3.Activate beta testing for DictionaryForMIDs: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.hmi_android

The latest beta can then be installed from Play Store (may take a while). If you already have DfM installed it will automatically update to this development version.

Please pay special attention if the migration of the settings work smoothly, ie. the same dictionaries and languages are still there&loaded.

To leave beta testing please visit the Google Play Testing link again and click the corresponding button. You may need to to re-install the application which could reset the settings/data of the app.

Thanks,
axin
General discussions / Re: DfM webApp 3
Last post by Gert - 09. June 2014, 20:10:27
Fantastic - all download pages are updated to include the WebApp download !!

And also the app. now it shows percentage complete for the app cache - how did you do this ? I need to look this up in the source code !

One thing that I missed is a sort of warning for download volumes.

I am glad to see the WebApp making good progress :)

With best greetings,
Gert