Recent posts

Problems / Re: Compiling
Last post by Gert - 24. October 2020, 09:28:23
Thanks for that information; this looks good.

Are there also cases when the translation works, without OutOfMemoryError?

Gert
Last post by TopDict - 24. October 2020, 08:16:46
Thanks!
The size of file directory364.csv is 6 432 bytes.
dictionaryFileMaxSize=71564
Last post by Gert - 24. October 2020, 07:49:09
Those screenshots are enormously helpful:

• At the beginning there is approx. 3 MB free memory
  • The number of free bytes slightly decreases after opening/reading/parsing searchfile and indexfile number 30
  • Opening and reading the directory file number 364 still works
  • Then there is a memory error when parsing the translation result of directory file number 364

Can you tell me the size of file directory364.csv?

In DictionaryForMIDs.properties, what is the value of dictionaryFileMaxSize?

Best regards,
Gert
Last post by TopDict - 23. October 2020, 18:58:35
Sorry for the long absence!
My phone is Samsung E740. When reading a dictionary from a memory card the OutOfMemory error occures.  Attach screenshots.
Another question: my keys 1 (move selection forward) and 3 (move selection back) don't work. Should they work?
Last post by Gert - 10. October 2020, 06:56:33
I am glad that you make progress.

Don't worry, you do not bother, in the contrary! Just that sometimes I am not able to reply right away.

About case insensitiveness, this is handled by the Normation classes, see here: http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/DfM-Creator/newdictNormationLang.html

Besides, previously I made a posting where I asked, for example, about your cell phone model.

With  best regards,
Gert
Last post by TopDict - 10. October 2020, 06:30:36
I changed one line of code and the problem is solved. Sorry to bother you!
Last post by TopDict - 06. October 2020, 19:43:56
Hello!
I took a part of one of the dictionaries from your site for testing, generated a dictionary with 20000 words (MyDict/dictionary/) and then created a jar/jad file.
Then I installed on my phone DictionaryForMIDs_empty.jad and chose in Dictionary path: file:///tflash/MyDict. There was an error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError/null".
But then I chose in Dictionary path: file:///tflash//MyDict/DfM_Test_EngDef_3.5.9/DfM_Test_EngDef_3.5.9.jar and this error disappeared. Wonders never cease!
There is one problem left: when I enter "a" (incremental search and * character at end) I only get words starting with "a" (for example, apple) but not starting with "A" (Apollo).
Is the case-insensitive translate provided in version 3.5.9?
Last post by Gert - 02. October 2020, 18:50:20
I am glad to read that you made such good progress :) :)

QuoteI created my own dictionary for 20000 words.
If I may know, what dictionary is it? Maybe it is of public interest and something that you would like to release to the public?

QuoteIt works well in the jar archive
That's when you installed it on your Samsung device?

Quotebut when opened in the empty program from SDcard an error appears ""java.lang.OutOfMemoryError/null".
Also on your Samsung device? What is the difference to "It works well in the jar archive" before?

QuoteMy cellphone is Samsung (2008).
Could you please give some technical details (device, RAM).

With best regards,
Gert
Last post by TopDict - 01. October 2020, 23:55:01
All succeeded! I've already tested it. I'm delighted, thanks a lot!
I created my own dictionary for 20000 words. It works well in the jar archive, but when opened in the empty program from SDcard an error appears ""java.lang.OutOfMemoryError/null".
In jad file I wrote loglevel: 3 and the result is:
searchfile open:
indexfile open:
Instead of a phrase "read-parse file-line and dictionaryfile open" an error appears ""java.lang.OutOfMemoryError/null".
I reduced the dictionary to few words with short definitions, but the error remained. My cellphone is Samsung (2008).
What could be the problem?
Last post by TopDict - 29. September 2020, 07:48:49
I will try to compile the jar file with build.xml. I will inform you about the results. Thanks!