dictionaryForMIDs on HTC Touch Cruise with WM6/J2ME

Started by Sigi, 19. March 2008, 09:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigi

Hello
I cannot install the the following dictionaries on my HTC Touch Cruise; Windows Mobile 6
I have tried to install
- dictionaryForMIDs_deufra-DTS (27.01.2007)
- dictionaryForMIDs_deudut-DTS (27.01.2007)
- dictionaryForMIDs_engdeu-DTS (29.12.2006)

To the HTC handbook Java 2 Micro Edition is supported.
In the Java (about): Esmertec Jbed Build ID: 20071112.1.1

After having copied the jad- und .jar- files on the smartphone I started installing it by Java.
I received the following error:
The installation cannot take place because of missing authorisation Java.microedition.io.connection.file.read.-58
I would be glad for help.
Sigi

Gert

Thank you for the precise description of the versions (version of DfM-dictionary and Java VM) !!

I just checked the DfM-dictionaries that you listed: yes, indeed there is an error in these dictionaries. It seems these dictionaries were created with an outdated version of JarCreator.

Well, it all comes down to find someone for the task "Maintaining dictionaries available with the latest version of DictionaryForMIDs" (see "We need your support" on the homepage). If there was someone who would take care for this task, then we would not get error reports on old versions.

Those dictionaries from the "All free dictionaries project" that are currently on the download page will not run on your PDA. I can occasionally check with Zdenek (master of the "All free dictionaries project") to ask him to re-create the dictionaries with the current version of DfM and tools.

Still, I hope that some other dictionaries will run on your HTC (though this is only 'guaranteed' for the latest DfM version).

And even much more I hope that we will find someone for the "Maintaining dictionaries available with the latest version of DictionaryForMIDs"  ;)

Gert