Changed the forum

Started by Gert, 28. February 2007, 08:29:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert

Dear DictionaryForMIDs Colleagues !

We changed our forum system ! The forum link on our homepage now points to our new forum.

Stefan did set up the new forum – this new forum provides several useful new features and a nice look&feel ! And most of all: the new forum system does not have all the problems of the old forum system.

Unfortunately you need to register again at the new forum. Hey, don't complain, this new forum we will have for the next 100 years ;)

I did manually copy a few of my old postings from the old forum to the new forum. If you like to 'save' a posting from the old forum, you need to do this also (sorry for the inconvenience).

Why we did change the forum system ? Well, we had several problems with the old forum: the biggest problem was that for some users the registration at the forum did not work; we also had problems with spam users, missing UTF-8 support, insufficient notifications, and more.

So now please enjoy our new forum and do a lot of postings !!

With best greetings,
Gert

P.S.: in case you want to look at the postings in the old forum, here is a link to the old forum: http://tinyurl.com/yvdvo4

Stefan1200

Now I see that the company of the old forums stopped the service and deleted all forums. So it was a good decision to switch the forum :).

Gert

Puh ! Yes, this was a really good decision !!

And I remember that when you proposed to switch to a new forum, then first I was hesitant to do so - now I am very glad that you did insist to switch to this new forum !!

Gert

Stefan1200

Quote from: Gert on 04. May 2008, 18:26:27
Puh ! Yes, this was a really good decision !!

And I remember that when you proposed to switch to a new forum, then first I was hesitant to do so - now I am very glad that you did insist to switch to this new forum !!

Yeah, I am most times skeptical with free services, if they do not runs good.

By the way, I updated this forum two days ago (most security fixes).