jar file just work for one-way language

Started by kreak, 10. June 2013, 18:32:00

Previous topic - Next topic

kreak

Hello guys,

So recently, I tried to make my local dictionary which is Achinese to Indonesian, and as well as the other way translation.
But then, the jar file didn't work two-way translation as I expected. It only translate from language1 to language2 and also when I input the first letter using uppercase letter, it wont display the results if I use the lowercase in my dictionary file (csv file)

Here are the config that I did, this
DictionaryGeneration tab

and the properties, I left the empty box for default value

and the Bitmapfontgenerator tab, maybe this was not the source of the problem, but I put it anyway

at last jarCreator tab, this

Actually I haven't finished the dictionary database for this language, I will discuss it with my friends as soon as I can handle DFM-creator. So I use example csv file here
Here I include the source and jar files, http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0blioupg08/attach.7z

Sorry for being such a newbie and thanks for your response.

Regards,
Yoza

Gert

Yoza,

very good posting - you did give all the information that is needed !

From a quick look I can help with the following:

Quotewhen I input the first letter using uppercase letter, it wont display the results if I use the lowercase in my dictionary file (csv file)

You need to put a languageXNormationClass. From the file ac_id.txt I think your dictionary uses latin letters, right ? Then NormationLat probably will be a good value to start with.

I will look at your other problem too.

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

Yoza,

in addition to my posting above:

Quotethe jar file didn't work two-way translation as I expected

I quickly did look at your generated files, those seem fine to me. Can you describe what you tested ? Did you switch to Indonesian for translation and then enter a certain word ?

Regards,
Gert

kreak

I did use latin letters. Thanks I will try to config it later

Yup, I look for all input word in Indonesian to Achinese and it say "not found" both in microemulator (PC emu) and in my Nokia cellphone

Gert

I do believe  the problem is related to
Quotelanguage1HasSeparateDictionaryFile=true
language2HasSeparateDictionaryFile=false

Because your dictionary has one single incputdictionaryfile for both translation directions both properties need to be set to false (which is the default value).

Regards,
Gert

kreak

I noticed that too Gert, then I tried to edit the properties file and set it to false via the editor and save it.
It will pop up to true again in the properties editor when you load it again. I don't know if it some kind of a bug or anything.

I guess I will separate the dictionaries to different files and set all input both like this:
language1HasSeparateDictionaryFile=true
language2HasSeparateDictionaryFile=true

Anyway thanks for your reply Gert.

Gert

QuoteI noticed that too Gert, then I tried to edit the properties file and set it to false via the editor and save it.
It will pop up to true again in the properties editor when you load it again. I don't know if it some kind of a bug or anything.

Please do contact Karim by email and inform him about this problem.

QuoteI guess I will separate the dictionaries to different files and set all input both like this:
language1HasSeparateDictionaryFile=true
language2HasSeparateDictionaryFile=true

I recommend that you leave both properties to false; languageXHasSeparateDictionaryFile is an 'advanced' option; you need to use it only when you have separate dictionaries for each translation direction. And, you really need to understand the effect of setting this property to true.

Best regards,
Gert

kreak

Yup, I'm aware of how to use languageXHasSeparateDictionaryFile option too Gert, thanks anyway.

Oh, actually for the time being we can also edit the properties file in Notepad, while Karim getting it fixed.
It works for two-way translation when we set "languageXHasSeparateDictionaryFile" for both language to "false" using the Notepad

Regards,
Yoza