Please Test - File Browser with Zipped Dictionary Support

Started by zz85, 12. June 2007, 20:32:47

Previous topic - Next topic

jreiffers

Next week I'll be quite busy, but after that I'll certainly be able to do that.

Cheers!

Gert

Cryme

Hey guys,

I just found this website.  Did you ever figure out jreiffers' problem?  I seem to have the exact same problem.  I have a Motorola K1 KRZR and I can't seem to install any DfM version above 3.x.x.  During installation of the .jar file, it says "Application Error".  Specifically I'm trying to install the Chinese-English dictionary.  I have access to the 2.7.0 version and the 3.1.2 version.  The 2.7.0 version works perfectly but the 3.1.2 version does not.  The reason I care about this is because I'm trying to create my own dictionary and your utilities use the 3.1.2 version and my new dictionary won't install, saying "Application Error" again.  What's the problem?  How can I fix it?  If it can't be fixed, can I have access to the 2.7.0 version of files to make my dictionary?

Thanks everyone,
Ryan

Gert

Joshua,

after more than one and a half year I started to integrate your improvements in the DfM baseline. Well, sometimes I may be slow, but I finally do my job ;)

One question: on the ZIP-Library from GNU Classpath that you did put in the source code tree, did you do any changes on the source files, other than adapting the package name ? I think that these are still the original files, I only wanted to ask.

By the way, I just made a quick test with a loaded JAR file (500kb in size) and it works perfectly ! But, it seems to be somewhat slow on my emulator, i.e. startup and the translation take a few seconds. Was is the same when you did your testing ?

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

Joshua,

I made some more investigation on that topic: I believe the GNU classpath files are indeed unchanged. And it seems that the problems with the slow response time comes from using ZipInputStream. ZipFile probably would solve the performance problems cause it uses random file access, but because it requires Java SE classes for file access, you did not yet include ZipFile in the fileaccess.zip package. Is my guessing correct ?

Greetings !
Gert

martinustong

Hi, I am really interested in the progress of this branch, can you send me the files? the links are broken.. no one downloaded it for too long..

I am currently on blackberry 8900, I tried to load the English Chinese dictionary, my blackberry refuses every time I tried to install, Probably due to huge file size.

Thanks a lot.

Gert

Quite some progress was made in this area. Hmmm, did I build a test version with the latest status ... ? I need to check this.

I am very much interested to get your feedback how it works on your mobile !

Well, I could guess that there is a file size problem with the Jar file of the English-Chinese dictionary on your Blackberry .

Just wait till I post a test version for the latest 'loadable dictionary' support.

Best regards,
Gert