Selection of UI language

Started by Sabine Emmy Eller, 07. February 2010, 21:46:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabine Emmy Eller

Sorry if I ask the obvious, but I read so many things at one time that I don't remember what is where and re-reading all is just too much right now.

What I understood out of an e-mail if I remember well is that DfM automatically sets the UI language to the language of the phone. That is if the UI language of my mobile phone is German, I get a German UI.

Do I have the possibility to chose any of the UI languages present in DfM, let's say Neapolitan, even if the UI of my mobile phone is German?

This question is relevant for quite some languages, because if we think about Africa in particular the UIs of phones are often not localized in the local language since the official language is French or English. The selection of languages for the localization we go for depends from this feature.

Gert

QuoteWhat I understood out of an e-mail if I remember well is that DfM automatically sets the UI language to the language of the phone. That is if the UI language of my mobile phone is German, I get a German UI.
Yes.

QuoteDo I have the possibility to chose any of the UI languages present in DfM, let's say Neapolitan, even if the UI of my mobile phone is German?
Yes, the user can manually select the UI language that he wants to use. This selection is done in the settings dialogue, see the attached screenshot. Well, Neapolitan is not yet part of the DfM UI languages ...

axin

Quote from: Sabine Emmy Eller on 07. February 2010, 21:46:22
Do I have the possibility to chose any of the UI languages present in DfM, let's say Neapolitan, even if the UI of my mobile phone is German?
The Android version does not have that feature yet, but I'll add it till the end of the week.

-Achim

axin

Starting with revision 254 / version 0.11 the Android version supports manually language selection.

I guess it makes no sense to release an update to the market before we actually have a different language to switch to... What do you think?

-Achim