DictdToDictionaryForMIDs - new version out!

Started by Karimoune, 09. January 2012, 17:31:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Karimoune

Hello! DictdToDictionaryForMIDs-2.4.0-Beta is out.

-Now the program is interactive but it is still a command line program.
-No longer required to download the sources in order to set the options up and compile...
-Still uses jDictd from the jDictd project but now it also uses TextIO from Bruce Eck - LGPL compatible licence.

You can download the jar and it is ready for use :-)

-Source distribution includes sources of jDictd and TextIO.

Waiting for Gert to put a link to make it downloadable.

Gert

Karimoune,

that alls sounds like you were working hard and you made a big job !!

I uploaded the file that you sent to me here: http://www.kugihan.de//dict/download/DictdToDictionaryForMIDs/DictdToDictionaryForMIDs-interactive-src-and-bin.7z

Besides, if you have the possibility, then you can upload your intermediate versions to any web/file hoster and post a link here in the forum (I myself may not readily be available to upload files).

The latest sources are kept in the svn repository (once you have a 'final' version, your sources need to be put there too): http://dictionarymid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dictionarymid/trunk/

I will look at your files when I find time during the next days.

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

Karimoune,

puh, until now I did not yet have time to look at your new version in detail ... hope during this week I really find some time.

Just let us know when you already made any additional improvements.

Best regards,
Gert

Karimoune

Hi Gert that's okay don't worry take your time ok? i've been busy too lately, unfortunately i didn't have enough time to work on that, as soon a possible i'll take some tutorials on version control systems and i'll be able to do all you told me about. i'm trying to work on a GUI version of the dictionary converter, it would be great if i could combine pascal-lazarus to java and do that because i'm really better with pascal, i'm learning java so if i have to do it in java it's going to take a bit longer...

Gert

No need to hurry is always fine with me ;)

A GUI for JarCreator/DictionaryGeneration would be one of the highest priorities for the project. I mean this: http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=220.0

"pascal-lazarus" converting to Java ? Well, if it works then that is fine.

One the other hand I think it could be advantageous to have the source directly in Java due to maintenance of the source and also to have later the possibility to support changes and extensions by other Java developers.

Just do what you think is best. For me the most important is that users get nice GUIs ;)

Best regards,
Gert

Karimoune

Gert you're right i myself thought of it like that. it's better to have everything written in java so i'll take that option. it's going to take a little bit longer though, but i guess that will be okay for you because what's important is to have nice stuff in the end huh? thanks for your time and advice. I'll get back to you as soon as i get something cool and nice and ready for beta test.

Gert