DfM webApp 2

Started by starssoft, 29. January 2014, 16:30:48

Previous topic - Next topic

starssoft

Dear DfM Users and Lovers,

We glad to announce that, our DfM webApp is getting ready to support more languages.  The test link is as follows:

Four Language Dictionary http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/testWebApp/dictionaries/dictionary%20Indian%20STDReg

Two Language Dictionary http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/testWebApp/dictionaries/dictionary%20EngLat%20(IDP)/mini_hmi.php

We also implemented instant search feature to make our users more comfortable.  Further, we planning to implement some other add-on features with DfM webApp.  So, we ultimately need your suggestions and comments about our DfM webApp 2 to make better dictionary experience.

Stars Soft

Gert

Dear Stars Soft,

Fanstastic to know that you are making progress on the WebApp !!

So I will be keen to throw all my improvement requests on you ;)

Here a few first points:

• Great :) :)
  • The "Application Cache" status is not updated; well, I know that this was not an area where you made your improvements; I still think this should go on the 'to be fixed' list. Also, the field "Application Cache Events" is empty.
  • When you change the translation direction, I think it would be convenient if the translation gets re-executed. Well only my personal feeling; others my prefer to hit the Translation button. Hmmm, with the incremental search (or instant search) acivated, is there still a need for the Translation Button ?
  • This is also not related to the update that you made, I still wanted to mention it: the yellow line at the bottom is 'overwritten' with the translation results, when there are many results.

Expect more improvements requests to come from me  8)

Best regards,
Gert

starssoft

Dear Gert,

The "Application Cache" status is not updated.

Yes, it is known bug and we working on it to resolve it.  The technical reason for the error is, we are calling the option window.html using iframe.  where the display method will not getting work in active. so, we working on it to find alternate way to display application cache status.  we have some idea to resolve it and may get resolved in few days  ::).

When you change the translation direction, it would gets re-executed.

An appreciable idea  8), immediately i'll implement it.  There are two reasons for having translation button alive. one is, if you want to get list of first 100 items in dictionary, just hit translation button to get it.  and another reason is safety purpose (where ever instant search fails to work).  may be in future we would remove it if at all there is no requirement for this button :-\.

the yellow line at the bottom is 'overwritten'

We purposefully designed like that to have DfM information bar is overlaying everything.  It would happens only if you also open up the options.  if you close the options, then it'll show perfectly.  Anyway kindly mention the browser to understand the problem better.

We appreciate all your suggestions and we require more suggestions from you and all other users ;).

Stars Soft

starssoft

Dear Users,

Now, our DfM webApp is supporting multiple search with in a string ;).  Test it with the links given in original post.  You can also review the codes from our SVN Updates http://sourceforge.net/p/dictionarymid/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/WebApp/Apps/mini_hmi/

Stars Soft

Gert

Dear V.P. Guru,

great to know that you are continuously making progress ! I just tested and it works for me as you describe.

One remark: I had to manually delete the application cache (before I did do so, the old version was used). I did read that by changing for example a version number in the cache manifest such an update will be done automatically: see http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/appcache/beginner/, section "Updating the cache", point 2.

For example, in cache_mini_hmi_files.manifest you could change
# Version 1
to
# Version 2
(or maybe putting a date or something else)

With best regards,
Gert

starssoft

Dear Gert,

I had to manually delete the application cache

I'm also facing the same problem.  Thanks for the solution.