New UI for DfM webApp

Started by starssoft, 08. October 2013, 03:15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert

It is _very_ useful that you could test it on so many browsers !

I do have to make a restriction, though, on IE8: the WebApp Translation layer uses several HTML5 features; IE8 does not support HTML5; I believe also IE9 has some limitations in HTML5 capabilities.

Means Internet Explorer 8 will not run the DictionaryForMIDs WebApp, possibly Internet Explorer 9 neither.

I uploaded a new version of the WebApp Translation layer. That version checks the availability of the needed HTML5 freatures during startup. If something is missing, then this is reported in an alert box.

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

I just tested with Internet Explorer 10: even not Internet Explorer 10 does provide sufficient HMTL5-capability ! The WebApp Translation Layer does report this problem during startup. Translations will not work with Internet Explorer 10.

According to the Microsoft documentation the Internet Explorer version 11 will work.

Regards,
Gert

Gert

Good news: thanks to the support of V.P. Guru, the OptionWindow is now operable ! :)

I just updated the mini_hmi on the web server. It is now possible to select the translation direction on the mini_hmi user interface.

One restriction: only 2 language dictionaries are currently supported by the OptionWindow.

Thanks to V.P. Guru !
Gert

starssoft

Yeah....!!! DfM webApp is working smoother and faster....

Now, DfM is available in all platforms.

I guess, Gert will expand DfM webApp to support more than 2 languages.

Gert

QuoteI guess, Gert will expand DfM webApp to support more than 2 languages.

Ha, I already spent much time on the OptionWindow, cause I am really not familiar with development of HTML/Javascript ... and I have such a long todo list with other pressing items  8)

Besides, the DictionaryForMIDs WebApp is also even running on the Wii U, it looks very nice there too  ;D

Regards,
Gert