#SOLVED! {ENG-CZE dict. problem on SiemensME75}

Started by crysman, 04. April 2007, 15:31:58

Previous topic - Next topic

crysman

Hi,

I've got an error while trying to install ENG-CZE dictionary to my cellphone SiemensME75. I tried 3 times, the same error.

Interresting is, that SP-CZE dictionary works quite fine!

I suspect the problem is in file size, because the english one is 3x greater. Does anybody know what to do to fix this?

Would be eventually possible to make an enlightened version of EN-CZE dictionary? To have approx. 1MB, not more. I like this project and thank to anyone who is connected with making this, please help!

Crysman

Gert

Well, is there any chance to get the error message ?

Sure, coloured versions can be done - you should contact the person who did set up the dictionary - and maybe you can provide your support for him.

Gert

crysman

Quote from: Gert on 04. April 2007, 20:47:22
Well, is there any chance to get the error message ?

Sure, coloured versions can be done - you should contact the person who did set up the dictionary - and maybe you can provide your support for him.

Gert

Yes, there is, but it would be a bit difficult, because that error causes the phone to immediate switch off, so the error message is visible only for about 1 sec.
I think there is something like "Failed to install the application", I'm not sure, but I don't think it's precise quotation is important. Thing is, that phone get stuck and switched off.

What do you mean by "colored versions"? Hope you mean different versions in a way of vocabulary, not colors :)
So, you suggest to contact someone from the "literal" section of the team (building the vocabulary). And then what? Even if he made an enlightened version, still would be necessary to implement it into Java code (<1MB).

Ok, I'll try to contact them via "http://www.dicts.info/contact.php", thanks

Crysman

crysman

Ok,

I've just came to know, that this kind of enlightened version is about to be released at the very beginning of June.

Thanks to all,

Crysman

Gert

That's good news !

There was a misunderstanding on "enlightened", you meant "smaller size", right ? Before I understood 'enriched with colours' (which you can do with DfM).

Puh, 'phone switched off' reads hard (if Siemens still produced phones you should complain at them ;) )

I myself have a Siemens S65 and also that one switches off reproduceably under certain conditions :( - but it can handle file sizes much bigger than 1 MB !

Gert