newline characters not recognised when "bitmap fonts" setting used?

Started by Ortho_Normal, 01. September 2010, 15:05:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ortho_Normal

Hi,
I am running DfM 3.5.7 (and 3.4.0) dictionaries on a Symbian S40 6th Edition phone (Nokia 2710 Navigation Edition - MIDP 2.1, CLDC 1.1).

It seems to me that when I switch to "bitmap fonts", the DfM improperly treats "new line" characters in dictionaries - it simply displays a "?" character (or sometimes a "space").

Try, for example, the "DictionaryForMIDs_3.4.0_EnfDef_Webster.zip". Type "use" and press "Translate". You will get the explanation of this word. Then switch to "bitmap fonts" and notice that the text formatting has changed - almost no "new lines" visible, some "?" characters appear in the displayed text instead.

Two more problems with "bitmap fonts", that I've already reported in my previous mail, but I will also repeat it here, are the following.
If I switch to "bitmap fonts", then the text is readable - the "background" directly below the characters becomes white - but the rest of the line (where there is nothing written) is still black (this looks a bit awful). Again, could you, please, "enforce" appropriate "bright" background for the whole screen?
Another problem with the "bitmap fonts" is that the colors are not really "vivid" - they are a bit hard to distinguish - could you, please, make them more "lively"?

Hope it helps,
Best regards,
Ortho Normal.

Gert

Thanks for that report - this really helps to improve DfM !!

We need to see whether we can 'reactivate' Sean (he implemented the bitmap fonts for DfM) to have a look at that.

Best regards,
Gert