samsung gt-s5600h - Cannot install Dictionary for MIDs English-Chinese

Started by taiwantom, 02. June 2010, 09:00:53

Previous topic - Next topic

taiwantom

hi phil,

if you got the error like me.

than please read carefully all the informations in this topic and take a look to the pics i have posted.
this makes it more clear.

greetings

pquan121

i did try to follow the information in this topic, its just that its a little scattered so hard to follow.... am i going to be using alternative 2 and i need a external memory card to do this? Thanks for your help.

taiwantom

i am using a memory card and i installed the dict on the memory card. but this doesnt matter.

first of all you must install the empty dict. 3.5 see gerts describtion

than install the dict., i think 3.4 and follow the installation describtion in this topic. look at the pics for write the right settings.

taiwantom

an other point if the pics are not helping you.

here you can find a good installation describtion, use alternative 2

http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/faqLoadableDictionaries.html

as i told you before, read it carefully, twice or three times and follow exactly the describtion.

you must be patient, i also was very exhausted, nearly want to give up, but at the end i got it.

;D

pquan121

thanks for the help, so far its not working if i put the phone in  my phone's internal memory. I will go buy a sd micro card and see what happens from there.

taiwantom

pquan121

I finally got it to install, i realized that I had to unzip twice by unzipping the .jar file. One last question is there anyway to search for words using pinyin?

taiwantom

wow, thats great.

yes you are right, i have done more or less the same fault. i made only o double klick on the .jar fil and thought it will be unzipped. this is wrong. you must really unzip it.

sorry, there is now way in the dictionary to search for pinyin. i am missing this, too

maybe, we put this idea on the forum.

also, if you use the dict and forget to close it, it keep on running until the battery is out.

taiwantom

Important for the installation:

read carefully the instructions on this site: http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/faqLoadableDictionaries.html

You must extract the zipped .jar file.

Do not only copy it or makeing a double klick on the file. ( if have done this mistake, it doesnt work )