No dictionary loaded

Started by MIDs2009, 24. September 2009, 20:57:46

Previous topic - Next topic

MIDs2009

don't worry Gert, i will try to answer all the question.  Sorry about the wrong comment i had last time with version 3.3.0.  in fact i got the message "java error. no memory available"

answer2. yes

answer3. i did download the 3.4.0 empty version with only 329K, it download ok.  when i ran it it is also ok except no dictionary.

answer4and5.  i put the "dictionary" in external memory card, MUSIC,3.4.0,  when i used the browse function, it came out like this "file:///Mmc/MUSIC/3.4.0/dictionary"  after that i hit apply, exit the application and start the application again but i still got the "No dictionary loaded" on the top.

i put an empty version in 3.4.0 folder, also jad file in that folder and dictionary in 3.4.0 too.  all this is under MUSIC directory in the external memory.

i hope i clear up thing for you.  Please don't hesitate to ask me more questions.  thanks.

Gert

Thank you for your answers !

Question 1: just a hint: you may want to 'google' a bit for that error; seems there is a workaround that helps for some applications; but please, do not ask me about this workaround, cause I do not have a Samsung phone and I cannot test it (unfortunately Samsung does not have a valid device emulator :( )

i put an empty version in 3.4.0 folder, also jad file in that folder and dictionary in 3.4.0 too

Why did you put "an empty version" and "jad file" there ?

Anyway, here is a quote from the instructions on the loadable dictionaries:
QuoteFor example:
- You copied the files on your cell phone/PDA in the folder "/myfiles/dictionary"
- The root device is "file:///memorycard"
- Then you select the folder": "file:///memorycard/myfiles"

So please select "file:///Mmc/MUSIC/3.4.0"  do NOT select "file:///Mmc/MUSIC/3.4.0/dictionary". Then it will work !

Regards,
Gert

P.S.: please be so kind an include a link in the other thread to this thread, thanks !

Gert

@MIDs2009: Well, I am a little confused about your postings in different threads. Now that I did give a solution for your problem here in this thread, could you please post your message at this thread so that people know the status ? Or, alternatively, post here a link to one of your duplicate postings in the other threads.

Thanks,
Gert

P.S.: thanks for your hint with JadMaker.

RenOliveira

I m download Pocket Oxford Dictionary For my Nokia N-72 but whenever i install these application in my mobile it says web excess error for these reason i connected it to the web but still it not loaded, anyone tell me some advice about that..