Samsung S5603 unable to install english to chinese dictionary?

Started by liangcng, 02. August 2009, 03:50:38

Previous topic - Next topic

liangcng

Please help

Samsung S5603 unable to install english to chinese dictionary?

Content not signed

JAVA ERROR
invalid Format

Gert

Please read our instructions for making a problem report at http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=2.0.

What version of the dictionary did you try to install (precise file name please) ?

Did you make a test with the latest version of DictionaryForMIDs (currently 3.3 is the latest version; you could test "DictionaryForMIDs_3.3_EngTagSpa_CAL" from the download page) ?

Regards,
Gert

liangcng

Samsung S5603 unable to install english to chinese dictionary (DictionaryForMIDs_3.1.2_ZhEng_cedict2.zip?)

Install: Content not signed

Play: JAVA ERROR invalid Format

How to test lestest version?

Thanks

Gert

Ok.

Hmmm, "Invalid format" reads strange. Did you extract the Jar file and the Jad file from the downloaded Zip ? Can you describe How you did do the installation on your Samsung ?

QuoteHow to test lastest version?

I suggest you test the DictionaryForMIDs_3.3_EngTagSpa_CAL. On the download page, select the file DictionaryForMIDs_3.3_EngTagSpa_CAL.zip, download it, extract the Jad file and the Jar file and install the Jad/Jar file on your device.

Gert

liangcng

Unable to download DictionaryForMIDs_3.3_EngTagSpa_CAL?

Gert

Unable to download DictionaryForMIDs_3.3_EngTagSpa_CAL?

Uh, what does this mean ?

Concerning the Jar/Jad-file on DictionaryForMIDs_3.1.2_ZhEng_cedict2.zip:
QuoteDid you extract the Jar file and the Jad file from the downloaded Zip ? Can you describe How you did do the installation on your Samsung ?

Gert

liangcng

download to pc copy to samsung s5603 by samsung software pc studio.

install:Content not signed

Play: JAVA ERROR invalid Format

liangcng

Any one successfully install this DictionaryForMIDs_3.1.2_ZhEng_cedict2.zip into Samsung S5603 ?

How? step by step please?

Thanks

MIDs2009

hi liangcng,

please read the below post.......i hope it helps

Hi Gert,

i found the problem for my "No dictionary loaded".  i got the path wrong.  Actually it is easy to make that mistake.  i think that's why many others have the same problem. 
I should have the path "file:///Mmc/MUSIC/3.4.0" instead of "file:///Mmc/MUSIC/3.4.0/dictionary" .  So you see I thought the dictionary is a directory so i included in the path.  so dictionary is a file.

For those of you who had the same problem i have, here what i have done:
all the previous versions don't have the browser function to find your path file, so i suggest you to download version 3.4.0 which is given by Gert in this thread.  Also version 3.4.0 don't have a dictionary file so it is quite small so your mobile phone can accept and run it.  i think you already have a dictionary file from previous version already.  BTW, the browser is not so great but it will do the job.  After you selected one directory and another and another but it doesn't give you stop and let you hit "Apply".  so what you should do is after you browse you path, you can write it down and go back and key in in your phone.    So here we go:

1. i copy mids_3.4.0.jar, mids_3.4.0.jad, dictionary and put in one folder called 3.4.0  (some phones don't require jad file, but if you require jad file, you can download a program called "JadMaker" so you can create your own jad file.) i had a JadMaker_1.15 but i dont know how to attach it here.
2. i then copy this folder to SD card or you can copy it to your phone memory
3. i go to the phone and run mids_3.4.0.jar file, it ran perfect and has no error except the "no sign" which is no big deal, just continue.
4. now came the part where i had struggle for 2days.  Create the right path for the application to load the dictionary.  you can create your path "file:///directory1/directory2/etc.../ and stop right here, DON'T name the last directory "dictionary".  that was my mistake, i thought dictionary was a directory so i include dictionary in my path so i can read the files inside the dictionary, but doing that don't work.  If your phone ran the jar file ok and has "no dictionary loaded" then the only problem is to set your path correct.

i hope this help.......keep posting if you have problem........i will try to help if i can.

Gert

Now there is an updated version of DictionaryForMIDs which is more 'tolerant' in selecting the directory: also when you include the 'dictionary' directory in the path (such as in file:///Mmc/MUSIC/3.4.0/dictionary), then the new version of DictionaryForMIDs will detect this and still load the dictionary correctly.

See the following posting for more information on the new version:
http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=189.0

Gert