Dictionary for BlackBerry

Started by bobby.suhartanto, 12. August 2010, 06:08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby.suhartanto

Hi guys, I don't see any specific forum about this dictionary being on BlackBerry devices. However, I'm sure it will works just fine.
But, every time I try to install it on my platform it always failed. I really need help on this topic, please. Because I've seen many of my friends using this dictionary on their mobile phones (Nokia) and I've seen it great!!! That's why I also need to install it on my phone.
Btw, I'm using BB Bold 9000.
Thank you!

Gert

Bobby,

Blackberrys are covered in the normal "Mobiles" board here in the forum. Yes, DfM runs also fine on Blackberrys. You must have sufficient free space on your internal memory and your BB must allow installation of applications.

Gert

bobby.suhartanto

Hi Gert,

Thank you for your information. How much is the memory needed to install DfM then? I don't think I was lacking of internal memory when I tried to install it.

Thank you!

Gert

Bobby,

QuoteHow much is the memory needed to install DfM then?

The size of the Jar-file.

Gert

bobby.suhartanto

Okay then. Let me try it again and hope this time it will work well. I don't think memory is the problem since I had enough memory before.
Thank you.

bobby.suhartanto

Hi Gert,

I've tried to install DfM again today with memory being free is 16 MB (the jar size is only 10 MB). Anyhow, the installation failed half way down to finish.
Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!

Gert

Bobby,

please have a look at http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?board=2.0 "How to add Feature Requests and Bug Reports?". We really need to have a precise description of error messages etc.

Regards,
Gert

bobby.suhartanto

Gert,

Thank you for your information. Now I understand. The problem is because the jar file is invalid. It is said too big.
I've found a thread concerning similar problem. I guess I have to find a smaller jar file. Then, I found a smaller one which is only 5,6 MB but it is also failed.
Thank you.

Regards,
Bobby