What about this feature?

Started by pharmahmed20, 05. April 2011, 17:50:53

Previous topic - Next topic

pharmahmed20

I would like to ask is it easy to make a navigation in the definition of a word and then click on one word - in definition text - we want to know it's translation and automatically it gone to translation box and so it's easily to navigate in translation definition.  :o :o

for example :
sleep  The state of reduced consciousness of a human or animal
and I want to know the translation of "consciousness" word which is a part in definition body without retyping it and by only navigation to it and select it to be translated  :D

it would be more easier and faster if we use the right arrow to navigate to the next word in definition text and the down arrow to navigate to the next item in the translation list

Gert

QuoteI would like to ask is it easy to make a navigation in the definition of a word and then click on one word - in definition text - we want to know it's translation and automatically it gone to translation box and so it's easily to navigate in translation definition. 

for example :
sleep  The state of reduced consciousness of a human or animal
and I want to know the translation of "consciousness" word which is a part in definition body without retyping it and by only navigation to it and select it to be translated 

That feature is already implemented for the "Coloured Display"; contents have the property seletionMode, which is an object of class SelectionMode.

public class SelectionMode {
public static final int none = 1;
public static final int single = 2;
public static final int all = 3;
public int mode;

public static final String noneString = "none";
public static final String singleString = "single";
public static final String allString = "all";

public SelectionMode(int modeParam) {
mode = modeParam;
}

}

Here is the meaning as far as I understood:
- "single": single words of the content can be selected (e.g. consciousness)
- "all": the content as a whole can be selected
- "none" (default): no selection is possible.

Quoteit would be more easier and faster if we use the right arrow to navigate to the next word in definition text and the down arrow to navigate to the next item in the translation list
I remember that when Quynh implemented the class StringColourItem there was a problem with the arrow keys; so he used different keys for navigation (would have to look in the source code). Also pointing devices are supported (pen/touch).

So ... it all comes down to fix the problems in class StringColourItem  8)

Regards,
Gert

pharmahmed20

thank you very much, Gert
I'll try it but I face a problem when using color display it hang the program and no command work so I kill the application process and start it again and disable colour display to be able to work

I hope that this application be similar to Msdist Dictionary it's so fast with less problems and many good features, Dictionary for MIDs is great but need some adjustment

Gert

Quotethank you very much, Gert
I'll try it but I face a problem when using color display it hang the program and no command work so I kill the application process and start it again and disable colour display to be able to work

I hope that this application be similar to Msdist Dictionary it's so fast with less problems and many good features, Dictionary for MIDs is great but need some adjustment

Thanks for your suggestions and support - I do appreciate this !

Hmmm, I really would not know any other mobile dictionary application that is close to DictionaryForMIDs when it comes to response time (depending on the device, maybe  < 50 ms per hit) or search flexibility (any other application that would allow such flexible search features for the translation database ?).

... the only major problem that I am aware of is the StringColourItem class in the Java ME implementation. And until now there is nobody who is actively working to replace that class with a well-tested implementation. Hope we can find a Java ME developer who can work on that issue !

Regards,
Gert

pharmahmed20

Gert,
Of course DictionaryForMIDs is the best free Java mobile dictionary and it's really very useful for me,,, I'm baby in Java development and I hope that my first step is to understand this application code and improve it
I hope if you can help me to take my first steps to learn J2me ,I have the priciple but I need more to understand DFM code and I think the best way to learn language is to see many examples and understand it I would appreciate that .... Thanks forward

Gert

QuoteGert,
Of course DictionaryForMIDs is the best free Java mobile dictionary and it's really very useful for me,,, I'm baby in Java development and I hope that my first step is to understand this application code and improve it
I hope if you can help me to take my first steps to learn J2me ,I have the priciple but I need more to understand DFM code and I think the best way to learn language is to see many examples and understand it I would appreciate that .... Thanks forward

Welcome to Java ME development :)

Certainly I will try to help for specific questions on DfM; however I will not be able to teach Java ME development in general.

Also, for example, the StringColourItem class was written by Quynh, not by me. So I do not know all parts of the DfM Java ME implementation.

Well, let us see how we can carry things forward :)

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

QuoteI believe i can help you in future with this.

Any support is appreciated !

Gert