downsize 'DictionaryForMIDs_EngPin_ECD.jar' for mobile phone with 1MB JAR limit

Started by adam, 01. February 2009, 20:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

How can I divide a JAR file into smaller parts to meet the 1MB limit on my phone?

option 1?
0 (0%)
option 2?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

adam

I am living in Shanghai and I discovered DictionaryForMIDs_EngPin_ECD.jar.  This is just the application I need for my mobile phone, however this file is 2.75MB and my phone has a 1MB JAR file limitation.  (It is a Nokia 3500c)

I do not need Pinyin to English, only English to Pinyin, so I thought I could remove some of the .CSV files to shrink the JAR file size.  I had little success with that because the application appears to require the 'directory.CSV', 'indexEng.CSV' and 'indexPin.CSV' files to function properly.  So I thought I could perhaps delete some of the .CSV files to install the dictionary in parts, for example, have one .JAR application for words A~M and another .JAR application for words N~Z, but I also had little success with that because many words were missing from the dictionary and there were many error messages when looking up words on the mobile phone, saying that .CSV files were missing.

So I tried looking into compiling my own basic unidirectional English to Pinyin .JAR file, but I quickly realized that this was beyond my capability and it would be a huge undertaking for someone as Java-illiterate as myself.  

Is there a simple way for me to downsize the DictionaryForMIDs_EngPin_ECD.jar file, so that is it only English to Pinyin and works in two or more .JAR files?

Or does anyone know of a nice little (1MB or less) unidirectional English to Pinyin Java app?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Adam
adamsinnis@hotmail.com