Build environment

Started by dreamingsky, 04. June 2010, 09:06:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamingsky

I uploaded the new 3.5.7 build environment and the new newdict.html file.

The build environment is in the "BuildEnvironment" folder in File Manager.  I kept the "DictionaryForMIDs" folder for the empty JAR/JAD files.  You can rename the folders if you'd like.

QuoteAnd one quick question: from newdict.html how to navigate to newdictProperties.html ?

Oops, I forgot to make a link to newdictProperties.html.  Thanks for catching that.  I added it to newdict.html.

Jeff

Gert

Great !!!!

In my opinion this is really a big step forward for DictionaryForMIDs !!

Gert

nhtshot

I'm a fairly experienced programmer, but new to java/j2me. I'm an American expat currently residing in China. As you can imagine, I rather love the dictionaryformids cedict. I have some free time and would like to add some functionality to it.

I'm perfectly willing to explore and learn the ins and outs of your style as well as java in the process. However, I need some advice on build environments. I've never used eclipse before and am finding it quite unwieldy. I would very much like to use an IDE, since it helps when working in a language I don't know.

My biggest issue is setting up the build environment properly. I've tried importing the build file, but eclipse basically pukes all over that.

Do you have any suggestions? Should I try one of the other environments? Does somebody have an eclipse project file I could get a copy of?

Thanks

Gert

@nhtshot: be welcome to do a lot of work on the DictionaryForMIDs project ... !!

Just let me clarify on the topic of this thread: here 'build environment' refers to setting up a new dictionary. That means to put a dictionary on DictionaryForMIDs; this thread is not related to compile the java sources.

For building DictionaryForMIDs from the source code, just read http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/development.html, section "Source Code".

Under http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/SVNRepositoryAccess.html there is a description for accessing the SVN repository with Eclipse.

I myself use Eclipse, any other Java development environment will do too. You should install Sun's Java ME SDK also.

Let us know when you need further help (maybe a new topic under the "Admins & Developer" section of this forum would be best) !

With best greetings,
Gert