Error with Chinese Dictionary on Moto L7

Started by cdict fan, 04. November 2007, 05:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

cdict fan

I had previously used the DFM 2.7.0 on my Moto L7 and liked it a lot even though it is a bit slow and does not show a number of characters due to the accent issues.  I downloaded the recent update 3.1.2 and tried to install it on my moto, but received an application error.  All it says is application error does not install at all.  I kept my old version on the phone so no real loss, but getting a version that would show all the characters would be nice.

Gert

Hmmm, somehow there seem to be problems with some Motorolas with the 3.1.2 version.

Could you test any other 3.1.2 version, such as a dictionay from the "All free dictionaries project" (these use 3.1.2) ? Just to check whether the problem is related to the 3.1.2 Java application or the CEDICT dictionary.

Greetings,
Gert

cdict fan

Hi Gert:

I will give a try and let you know.

Cryme

Ah here it is... my problem exactly.  I have a Motorola K1 KRZR and I'm in the exact same situation.  The 2.7.0 version works perfectly and the 3.1.2 version says "Application Error".  I wouldn't mind normally but I'm trying to create a new dictionary (which is by default in the 3.1.2 version) and it also won't work...  Can someone please look into this??  How much could have changed between versions to make it not work?  Shouldn't be too difficult as far as I figure... but what do I know?  Please help!!!  Thanks so much!!

Ryan

Gert

Hallo Ryan !

Hope you are finally the long searched person who can do some tests on his Motorola phone to narrow down the problem :)

Actually, I think we should be able to track down the problem rather quickly.

Please keep my mind up to date: when exactly does this "Application Error" occur ?

Could you try to install the 'empty' version of DfM on your phone, just to see if the error is there also ?

Thanks,
Gert

Cryme

Thanks for the help!

I tried to install the empty DfM jar file 3.1.2 and had the same problem...  Here's the deal:

On my phone, I go to "Applications and Games" and "Install New" then select the DfM file from the list.
Then it gives me the summary:  Says the filename, version 3.1.2, made by Gert, etc.  Then I hit "Install"
Then it asks "Not a signed application. Continue anyway?" to which I reply "Yes"
Then it says "Installing..." but only for a split second...  because it almost immediately says "Application Error"
and then that's it... can't do anything else.  It kicks you out of the installation process.

Hope that helps.  What else can I do to help test?

Ryan

Gert

Great -I mean not the error, but that you are supporting to find the reason of the problem !

I will build a few specific test versions of DfM, that you should try to install.

Will try to make those versions still today. I will do a posting here when I am done.

Thank you !
Gert

Gert

Ok, here is the first batch of tests (I just had a few minuts of time):

For the tests, please only try to install the JAR file, do not install the JAD file.

1. http://www.kugihan.de/dict/download/test_versions/3.2pre-release3/DictionaryForMIDs.jar

2. http://www.kugihan.de/dict/download/test_versions/for_Ryan/version_2/DictionaryForMIDs.jar

3. http://www.kugihan.de/dict/download/test_versions/for_Ryan/version_3/DictionaryForMIDs.jar

Could you please try to install these 3 versions.

Version 2 and 3 will not run. I just want to know whether these install without Application Error.

Some more 'cycles' and we will have the reason of the problems.

Thank you !!!
Gert

Cryme

Hello again,

I tried all 3 of those jar files and none of them work.  They all respond in the exact same way 3.1.2 does - it quits during installation saying "Application Error".  I hope that helps to narrow down the problem.  Let me know if I should try any others.

Ryan

Gert

Does help !!

I will have two more test versions - soon.

Gert

Gert

Gert

Besides, here is what the MOTOKRZR K1 Java™ ME Developer Guide says about "Application Error":

QuoteInstallation Class references non-existent
class or method
Security Certificate verification
failure
Checksum of JAR file is not equal
to Checksum in MIDlet-JAR-SHA
attribute
Application not authorized

Cryme

Okay I tried those 2 jar files and they don't work...  but it quits at an earlier stage with a different error message.

When I hit "Install New" and select the appropriate filename, it immediately says "Failed. Invalid File."  It doesn't even get to the summary screen that I could normally get to.

Ryan

Gert

Not the result that I expected :(

Hmmm, probably I made an error with the icon reference in the manifest. Next version will be there soon :)

Thank you for your patience !

Gert

Gert