Loadable Dictionaries / Too many open file handles

Started by birefringence, 14. May 2009, 22:31:52

Previous topic - Next topic

birefringence

I tried the experimental support for loadable dictionaries on a Nokia 6233. With version 3.3.0 and DictionaryForMIDs_3.0.3_EngGer_freedic.zip. I was able to translate one word. After this, searching for another word always returned the error "Too many open file handles".

Gert

Oh, that is a good hint !

I will check the source and try to get this fixed !

Thanks for testing !
Gert

Gert

I just checked with Sun's WTK for 'forgotten' file objects; but from what I have seen, everythings seems to get cleaned up correctly.

I will install the Nokia S40 SDK an try to reproduce your problem with Nokia's S40 emulator.

Gert

Gert

I just did do a test with the S40 version 6 emulator (6233 is version 3). It worked fine, but for my quick test I was using another dictionary.

Which word did you translate in your dictionary ? Did the translation produce many results ?

Gert

birefringence

I translated the word "test", which indeed produces many results.

A more precise error message is:

de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.a.c: java.io.IOException: failed to open file for reading
de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.a.c: java.io.IOException: Too many file handles open

In fact the translation does not stop to work immediately. I can translate a couple of words, which generates an increasing number of error messages in the results listing.

Gert

Ok, I have a  vague suspicion what may be the problem; will check this later.

Thanks,
Gert