DfM JavaME 3.5.9 for testing

Started by Gert, 05. October 2013, 21:01:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert

Fresh from the compiler ;) here is DfM JavaME 3.5.9 for testing purposes: http://www.kugihan.de/dict/download/test_versions/3.5.9/DictionaryForMIDs_3.5.9_final_empty.zip

The only new feature is the Tamil translation.

Additionally there is an internal change: the use of the 'multiple dictionary' capable translation layer.

Any testing is welcome.

Best regards,
Gert

starssoft

DfM 3.5.9 is working cool in Phone as well Emulator.  Tamil UI is also properly fit with the app.

Further, I've tested JSR-75 possibilities on some branded phones. I like to share it with you all to take decission on "loadable dictionary".

1.  Sony Ericsson - Need to set permission only at the time of very first execution of midlet,
2.  Nokia - Need to set permission at every launch of midlet,
3.  Samsung - It require to set permission for each and every access to file system.

Gert

That information on JSR75 permissions is very useful !

Gert

starssoft

I've made dictionaries for Indian Postal Codes, Telephone Codes and Vehicle Codes.  Whether i should wait for test result or else proceed with DfM 3.5.9 to release those dictionaries.

Gert

Hope that one day we will have a documented "regression test procedure". That is a list of test steps that we will apply each time before we release a new version. Only if all test steps are successful, then we will assume that there has not been any regression (i.e. no new bugs).

Well, for the time being, I think 3.5.9 should be ready for release with any dictionary.

Best regards,
Gert