Modifying jar files

Started by kreak, 19. June 2013, 16:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

kreak

Hi Guys,
I'd like to ask about modifying jar file.
1. Actually I'd like to change the icon of the jar files, is it permitted?
2. And can I put my dictionary info ahead of DictionaryForMids license info? , cause whenever I make it, the info will be put down below, because DFM   license are too long so it hard to find.
3. Is it okay for me to change the name of Apps to my own dictionary name or something like that?

I'm asking this based on the license which is GNU-GPL, which I assume the same as the result jar file

Gert

Actually, I would feel very uneasy when you modify the name of the application; this is the DictionaryForMIDs project and people should be aware of this. We are struggling to get people aware of our project !

Well, maybe something like "DictionaryForMIDs with <dictname>" (or the similar) should be ok. Maybe also changing the sequence of the license texts and even adapting the icons would be thinkable. But the DictionaryForMIDs identity needs to be retained, that is my opinion.

Anyway, yes you are right, the modified version is under the GNU GPL license also.

Regards,
Gert

kreak

Well DictionaryForMid name wouldn't be a problem, it just the icon that bother me.
I guess I should keep the name as DictionaryForMid , as many people will benefit more from it.

Gert

OK !

Besides, "DictionaryForMIDs"

Regards,
Gert