Preveify Problems

Started by davient, 23. November 2009, 05:11:40

Previous topic - Next topic

davient

I'm keen to get involved with the Dictionary For MIDs project. I am new to J2ME but an old hat at Java development.

I have checked out the SVN HEAD revision and tried to build it unsuccessfully. The preverify step always fails. I've checked that the jar tool is in my PATH and have set JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME appropriately. I must be missing something obvious.

C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build>ant
Buildfile: build.xml

compile_dfm_common:
[wtkbuild] **************************************************************
[wtkbuild] * Antenna 1.1.0 initialized for project "allwork"            *
[wtkbuild] * Using "Java ME SDK 3.0" (CLDC-1.1; MIDP-2.0)               *
[wtkbuild] **************************************************************

compile_dfm_java_se:

compile_dg:

build_dg:

create_application_property_file:
[propertyfile] Updating property file: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\DictionaryGeneration\Application.properties
      [jar] Building jar: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\DictionaryGeneration\DictionaryGeneration.jar

compile_dfm_java_me:

compile_jc:

build_jc:

[propertyfile] Updating property file: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JarCreator\Application.properties
      [jar] Building jar: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JarCreator\JarCreator.jar

compile_bfg:

build_bfg:

[propertyfile] Updating property file: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\BitmapFontGenerator\Application.properties
      [jar] Building jar: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\BitmapFontGenerator\fontgenerator.jar

compile_lg:

build_lg:

[propertyfile] Updating property file: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\LanguageUIGeneration\Application.properties
      [jar] Building jar: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\LanguageUIGeneration\LanguageUIGeneration.jar

build_dfm_java_se:

[propertyfile] Updating property file: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaSE\Application.properties
      [jar] Building jar: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaSE\DictionaryForMIDsPC.jar

create_dfm_java_me_jadfile_and_manifest:
   [wtkjad] Creating JAD file C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaME\DictionaryForMIDs.jad

build_dfm_java_me:

[propertyfile] Updating property file: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaME\Application.properties
[wtkpackage] Building jar: C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaME\DictionaryForMIDs.jar
[wtkpackage] Preverifying C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaME\DictionaryForMIDs.jar
[wtkpackage] Executable: c:\dev\java\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\bin\preverify
[wtkpackage] Arguments : -classpath c:\dev\java\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\lib\cldc_1.1.jar;c:\dev\java\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\lib\jsr75_1.0.jar;c:\dev\java\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\lib\midp_2.0.jar -d C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\95d3ce71.tmp C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaME\DictionaryForMIDs.jar
[wtkpackage] Error preferifying, log file not found:  C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\95d3ce71.tmp\jarlog.txt

BUILD FAILED
Preverification failed (result=-1072365564)

Total time: 13 seconds

However if I try the preverify step alone it works...?

C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build>preverify -classpath c:\dev\java\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\lib\cldc_1.1.jar;c:\dev\java\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\lib\jsr75_1.0.jar;c:\dev\java\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0\lib\midp_2.0.jar -d C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\95d3ce71.tmp C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\JavaME\DictionaryForMIDs.jar

C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build>dir C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\95d3ce71.tmp
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 7C91-C31E

Directory of C:\Dev\dictionarymid\trunk\Build\95d3ce71.tmp

23/11/2009  12:05    <DIR>          .
23/11/2009  12:05    <DIR>          ..
23/11/2009  12:05           438,335 DictionaryForMIDs.jar
               1 File(s)        438,335 bytes
               2 Dir(s)   6,518,575,104 bytes free

Hope that someone can shed some light :)

Gert

Oh, your involvement on the DictionaryForMIDs project will be highly appreciated :)

Hmmm, as for your preverifier problem I do not have a quick response; have to check it lateron myself.

Regards,
Gert

davient

A quick response :)

Always a good sign when using a forum. I look forward to working towards a solution.

Gert

I just tested on my environment, which is MS Windows, Sun's Java ME SDK 3.0, and the Eclipse built-in ant: as expected the build worked fine.

Hmmm, I just read your output and I do not have a clue what might be wrong. I assume that wtk.home is well set ?

Yes, guess the problem could be something trivial.

Maybe using a newer version of antenna could give you a clue ? (http://antenna.sourceforge.net/).

Or maybe someone from the antenna team could help you !

Besides, ah, you know Java SE ?? Maybe you would like to write a nice 'DfMBuilder' application which merges DictionaryGeneration and JarCreator: an application with a nice GUI where people do not have to work with the command line interface of DictionaryGeneration/JarCreator !

Regards,
Gert

davient

Thanks for your time :)

A few comments on my setup in case they shed some more light.

My Setup is XP SP3, Sun JDK 1.60_17, J2ME SDK 3.0

I was trying to build from command line.

I have various IDEs installed including Eclipse and Netbeans.  I wonder if somehow they are conflicting.  I've cleared my PATH and CLASSPATH variables so that they only contain the required paths for development.  The wtk.home is set correctly, the build wont even begin if it is not. But still no further.

It always bails out in the wtkpackage step.  :(

I have tried setting wtkpackage  preverify=false, and then the build completes fine and I can manually preverify, but this seems a clunky workaround.  I'm guessing this will still be usable though?

Scouring the web shows occasional similar problems but no solutions, so I'm going to install a new development environment on a new partition and try from scratch. I'll post on the antenna mailing list if this doesn't help, and also keep this thread updated.

I do know J2SE as I stated, but I'm not particularly keen to develop in that field at present.  I particularly want to work on some features / bugs in the current release.  Particularly the StringColorItem (causes bugs on my girlfriends E65), text selection and maybe passage translation, though I know this may prove pretty hard. I'd quite like to try some modifications to the interface too to make it need less button pushes to translate or switch languages.  I'm using the Chinese one quite heavily on my N97 and the extra menu press bugs me where there is a free soft key space that could be used. :)

Fingers crossed the new environment works out :)

Gert

Fixing StringColourItem - that will ensure you an entry in the DictionaryForMIDs annals !!! Ok, this much more important than any Jave SE work on the world ;)

Hmmm, in general the 'Translate'-button should be on one 'free' softkey, so that you don't have to go through the menu; however getting the menu entries on the right keys for all devices turned out to be a hard job, cause whatever choice on the commands' priorites etc. was made, there were some devices with a, say, "strange" key mapping. Well, ok, let us look at this topic again.

Guess you already tried 'incremental search' in the Settings Dialogue ? And ... what is 'passage translation' ?

As for your preverify problem; yes, if you successfully run the preverifier by hand, then this will work also.

I once had a contact to an antenna developer, which was very useful; hope they can help you top.

Ok, I do count every minute until StringColour item is getting fixed !!  8)

Best regards,
Gert