DfM webApp 4 - Initiation

Started by starssoft, 18. July 2014, 03:50:21

Previous topic - Next topic

starssoft

Dear Users,

We planned to build webApp Version 4 for DfM.  It would be complete and final version for DfM.

We proposed to do :
1. Standard webApp for both mobile and PC,
2. Implement content security policies,
3. Implement warning message before downloading the App,
4. Additional themes to add more color for webApp.

We also welcome some more ideologies to improvise webApp.

Stars Soft

Gert

For me, all important points are included in your planning :)

Best greetings,
Gert

P.S.: I am sure that over time there will be more wishes  ;)

starssoft

Hi Users,

We have implemented better uniform UI for both PC and mobile devices.

Kindly test and comment on it to improve further.

Bilingual - http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/testWebApp/dictionaries/dictionary%20EngLat%20(IDP)/

Multilingual - http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/testWebApp/dictionaries/dictionary%20Indian%20STDReg/

Stars Soft

Gert

The bilingual dictionary looks nice !

Side note: when I had my first look at the new version then there was an error; I think maybe because an old version was still in the app cache; after reloading the bilingual dictionary the problem was gone. Maybe if you incremented the "Version" in the file cache_mini_hmi_files.manifest, then that problem would not occur.

About the Multilingual: that dictionary does not work for me: there is a message "Dear user ... flat rate ..."; also when proceeding with yes then the application is closed; maybe this is also because there is still an old version in the app cache of my browser ?

With best greetings,
Gert

starssoft

I've removed that alert temporary.  It looks fine with chrome and it seems to be optimised for android stock browser.

Kindly clean the cache and try again...

Gert

Now also the multilingual dictionary does start fine for me !

About that 'warning message' (which states that the dictionary will be downloaded what may cause cost on a non-flatrate mobile connection): would that be possible to include that message for the 'final' version ?

Best greetings,
Gert

Gert

A minor point for improvement: would it be possible to include the name of the dictionary in the title (the text that is shown in the tab of the browser). Hmmm, where does the dictionary name come from ? How did we do that for JavaME and Android ? I mean something like "English - German (Freedict)".

Also it would be nice to be able to display dictionary.infoText which contains information about the dictionary.

With best greetings,
Gert

Gert

I just tested the current WebApp with an iPad Air 2, iOS 9.3.1: works fine!

Gert