DictionaryforMids is not working on SLVR L7

Started by Rhasielle, 15. April 2007, 16:27:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhasielle

Hi,

I've been trying to install your software on my L7 and the dictionaries I have downloaded from your site (freedicts, japanese edict etc...) are generating errors such as:

--------
Thrown javax.microedition.rms.RecordStoreException: Can't get FileName / Can't get FileName
Thrown de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.general.e:javaxmicroedition.rms.RecordStoreException: Can't get FileName / javax.microedition.rms.RecordStoreException: Can't get FileName
--------

And when I tried to use the empty version to load dictionaries from the memory card, it gave this error:

--------
Thrown de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.general.e: Property file could not be opened: DictionaryForMIDs.Properties/ Property file could not be opened: DictionaryForMIDs.properties
Thrown de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.general.e: Property file could not be opened: DictionaryForMIDs.Properties/ Property file could not be opened: DictionaryForMIDs.properties
--------

I am mostly interested in a working english japanese dictionary and if possible with kana input..
I also tried DTS one for the japanese. But it gives the same error as the first one.

At first I thougt maybe it's because of the jar file size limit and installed the IDP ones. They work, alright. But I have installed another dictionary which is 3.1 mb into my memory card and it's working fine.

By the way, I install these dictionaries using motomidman with full access.

Can someone help me?

Gert

The error on the 'empty' version is a correct one, because in the 'empty' version there is no file DictionaryForMIDs.properties (besides, will be different for 3.1.0).

The RecordStoreException however is a real bug (whether on your L7 or DfM is another question).

Can you please post the version numbers of the DfM application that you tested and state which ones do work on your L7 (such as the IDP dictionaries that you tested) and which ones do not work. Maybe the problem does show up only in newer versions of DfM ?

Another question: is the RecordStoreException the first error message that is shown ? And is it always this error message that is shown (or is sometimes the first error message a different one) ?

Thanks !
Gert

Gert

I just googled for that error: please read http://developerboards.cingular.com/cngddp/board/print?board.id=techsupport&message.id=1874&format=one

Is it true that those dictionaries where you have this error have a MIDlet-Name of 32 characters ?

Greetings,
Gert

jpcelestian

I have the same error message as above on my SLVR L7. I also have the Chinese-English dictionary.

I have an older version 2.7.0 and it works fine. I installed a version 3.2 (I think) and got this error. I get the same error each time.

John

Gert

Could you please post the precise version that you were using (please also with the name of the jar-file) ?

Gert

jpcelestian

Well, after a long time, I have to follow up on this thread because I'm again trying to install this app on the L7 and the same problem exists. 

So the precise version I'm trying to install is DictionaryForMIDs_3.1.2_ZhEng_cedict2.zip from this page http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/dict.html

and the jar file name is DictionaryForMIDs_ZhEng.jar

jpcelestian

I have found the old version of this app   :) on my hard drive (DictionaryForMIDs_2.7.0_EngChi_CEDICT.zip) so for now I can use that but I'd like to be able to upgrade to the new one.

Is there a place I can post the old version so that other people can download it?

John

Gert

Yep, 3.1 was the version with the Motorola installation problem. So again, we just need to find someone who maintains the dictionaries with the latest version of DfM - and so many problems will be solved (I get tired of mentioning this) ;D
See http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/needhelp.html / "Maintaining dictionaries available with the latest version of DictionaryForMIDs."

Gert

P.S.: The old 2.7 version is still downloadable at the old link (don't know the link by heart); all old versions can still be found in the Sourceforge File Release System of DictionaryForMIDs.