samsung gt-s5600h - Cannot install Dictionary for MIDs English-Chinese

Started by taiwantom, 02. June 2010, 09:00:53

Previous topic - Next topic

taiwantom

hello gert,

congratulations, we got it. you make a great job.

i put the path by alternative 2.

but there is a small problem.

i followed exactly the describtion. but when i use the browser to select the path i must browse until the folder with jar file and only there i can select (jar file) it. before it is not possible. but necessary is to select the folder where is the jar file ( in my case the folder is called "Dictionary" ).
so i selected the jar file: went back into the main menue with the setting, tip once again on the path line, my textmenue open with the whole path and i start do delete the name of the jar file.
so the path will point only to the folder and than the dict it is working.

1. Select the path with the browser in the menue
file:///mmc/Other files/Dictionary/DictionaryForMIDs_3.4.0_ChiEng_CEDICT.jar
mmc = memorycard

2. the path which is working
file:///mmc/Other files/Dictionary/

:)

maybe this is a specific samsung problem.

well gert, many many thanks for your great support.

p.s: how i can know if there is any update in the dictionary ??

Gert

Say, when you translate, are there messages where you need to confirm the access to the files ?

Quotei followed exactly the describtion. but when i use the browser to select the path i must browse until the folder with jar file and only there i can select (jar file) it. before it is not possible. but necessary is to select the folder where is the jar file ( in my case the folder is called "Dictionary" ).
so i selected the jar file: went back into the main menue with the setting, tip once again on the path line, my textmenue open with the whole path and i start do delete the name of the jar file.
so the path will point only to the folder and than the dict it is working.
For selecting a directory you need to select the "." in that directory.

Quotep.s: how i can know if there is any update in the dictionary ??
What update do you mean ?

Regards,
Gert

taiwantom

no, there are no messages.

take a look at pics. maybe they help to explain.

i send latr some other pics of the working dic.

update - i meant a newer version of the dictionary

taiwantom

now i make some pics of the setting from the working dict.

if there is anything not very clear i can describe the process in german.

greetings

gert you give me a happy day, thanks

Gert

I am amazed by your descriptions/pictures !! If we only had many people who sent us such reports ...

Say, maybe you would like to support the DictionaryForMIDs project at any task ? A lot of things to be chosen from: http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/needhelp.html I certainly would appreciate that !

About your pictures: I am sure things are very clear; however right now I do not have time to look at all of them; don't worry I will not forget them (if I should, please just remind me in a few months !! ;) )

Thank you a lot !
Gert

taiwantom

thanks.
yes if i can help in some way i will do it and take a look on the site with the tasks.
i let you know.
but unfortunately i am not a programmer or sw developer.

greetings

Gert

Quotethanks.
yes if i can help in some way i will do it and take a look on the site with the tasks.
Fantastic !!!

Quotebut unfortunately i am not a programmer or sw developer.
There is something that amazes me: most of the tasks on the DictionaryForMIDs project have nothing to do with SW development/programming. But when people read 'support' they usually think SW development.

Well, be assured, there are plenty of important tasks, completely other than SW development !

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

I looked at your great screenshots: in the picture "1_0_path_menu.jpg" the top entry is "..", the second entry is ".", the third one is "DictionaryForMIDs.jar".

In order to select the directory, you need to select the second entry (".").

Does that answer this:
i followed exactly the describtion. but when i use the browser to select the path i must browse until the folder with jar file and only there i can select (jar file) it. before it is not possible. but necessary is to select the folder where is the jar file ( in my case the folder is called "Dictionary" ).
?

Besides, could you post some more of your experiences; for example in the Settings Dialoge, could you activate the Statistics and translate a word with only one translation result, and let us know the response time ?

And really no confirmation messages ? I thought usually there are plenty of these confirmation messages !

Thanks,
Gert

taiwantom

In order to select the directory, you need to select the second entry (".").
you are right, the correctpath must point to the folder in which contains the  "dict.jar"  file.

i post some more pics, i think this helps more than any describtion.

for all users of samsung mobile phones, there is a big confusion to write the right path name.  i put all my applications on the memory card.  on my cell phone (you see on the pic) it is called "memory card". ON THE TOOL FROM SAMSUNG CALLED NPC OR NEW PC STUDIO< THE MEMORY CARD IS CALLED< "EXTERNAL MEMORY
if you open the settings in the dict menue and you browse through the folders you will find the memory card< called " mmc">

there is only one confirmation message< the response time is good>

take a look at the pics>

is there somebody responsible for the content of the dict??

taiwantom

sorry, i got a problem with my pc and wasnt able to attach the pics.  ???

so now, they are here:

Gert

Very nice pictures !!

Quoteis there somebody responsible for the content of the dict??
You could look at the DfM Contributor list; or open a new thread on this in the Dictionaries board of this forum.

Regards,
Gert

pquan121

Hi I am having some trouble understanding this post. Is there a fix to the java error on Samsung phones? I have a Samsung S5230 and would like to install the eng-chn 3.4 dictionary

Gert

QuoteIs there a fix to the java error on Samsung phones?

I do not think that Samsung provided a fix for that problem on Samsung phones.

QuoteI have a Samsung S5230 and would like to install the eng-chn 3.4 dictionary
If your Samsung also shows that Java error, then you still can use the "loadable dictionaries". taiwantom may be able to explain this more to you (I myself do not own a Samsung phone).

Regards,
Gert

taiwantom

hello pquan121,

whats the problem. let me know, how i can help you.

greetings

pquan121

hey tom,

lets just communicate thru this topic. I am getting the "Java error" after installing the dictionary

Quote from: taiwantom on 20. July 2010, 04:13:52
hello pquan121,

whats the problem. let me know, how i can help you.

greetings