Seeking help to set up English-Hmar dictionary

Started by samwa, 11. December 2012, 09:47:53

Previous topic - Next topic

samwa

I may sound stupid posting this topic...but have no other option! I have read the forum posts and guide on how to install it and generate dictionary, still i couldn't get it to work! Moreover, I have limited knowledge and my system (windows 7x32) doesn't seem to support Java.
I have voluntarily setup (translated) English to Hmar ( One of the languages spoken by indigenous tribe of North East India) in MS Excel in two columns, 1000 entries.
Could anyone help me generate this file into mobile dictionary! If possible, it could be the first mobile dictionary of Eng-Hmar.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sawma

Gert

We will help !

Hmmm, could it be that in our DfM-documentation there is no description on how to install Java on the PC ? I need to check that.

Could you install it from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html ?

There choose JRE download then windows x86

Once installed you are ready to run DfM-Creator.

Just let us know your next problem :-)

Best regards,
Gert

samwa

I have installed Java RE 1.7.0.9 (32-bit) since my system is only 32 bit. Everything else works fine except for DictionaryGenaration and JarCreator...

Gert

Well, just tell us what are your problems with DictionayGeneration and JarCreator.

Gert