New Japanese files

Started by dreamingsky, 16. May 2010, 12:21:13

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamingsky

Gert

Can you please help me with 2 things?

1. Can you add these 2 files to the next version 3.5.0 of DictionaryForMIDs.jar\char_lists?

2. I want to manually add the new files to the current 3.4.0 version of DictionaryForMIDs.jar and release a version 3.4.0 of the Japanese dictionary.  But I get an error.

I removed the old files and added the new files with WinRAR.  Then I changed the MIDlet-Jar-Size in DictionaryForMIDs.jad to the new JAR file size.  But I get this error when I run JarCreator:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed
size (expected 1945 but got 1947 bytes)
        at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.putNextEntry(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarOutputStream.putNextEntry(Unknown Source)
        at de.kugihan.jarCreator.JarCreator.writeJAR(JarCreator.java:176)
        at de.kugihan.jarCreator.JarCreator.main(JarCreator.java:83)

I get the error with version 3.1.2 and 3.4.0 of JarCreator.  I tried WinRAR and WinZip to add the files.  Both programs created the same filesize for the JAR file.  I remember I manually added the files a couple years ago, but I forgot what I did.  What mistake am I making?

Thanks
Jeff

Gert

Jeff,

Quote1. Can you add these 2 files to the next version 3.5.0 of DictionaryForMIDs.jar\char_lists?
Done, I added your updated files to the SVN repository. However I just realize that directory char_lists is incorrectly part of the Java ME branch (http://dictionarymid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dictionarymid/trunk/JavaME/res/); it should be more appropriately part of the DictionaryForMIDs part (http://dictionarymid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dictionarymid/trunk/DictionaryForMIDs/). Well, I still expect that this will run fine on the Android version even under the Java ME branch; in any case I will occasionally move it somewhere under the DictionaryForMIDs part (when I have time ...).

Quote2. I want to manually add the new files to the current 3.4.0 version of DictionaryForMIDs.jar and release a version 3.4.0 of the Japanese dictionary.  But I get an error.
That is strange; I will make a 3.4.0 version and test that (will try still today).

Best greetings !!
Gert

Gert

Jeff,

Quote2. I want to manually add the new files to the current 3.4.0 version of DictionaryForMIDs.jar and release a version 3.4.0 of the Japanese dictionary.  But I get an error.
I am confused: I manually exchanged the files with my zip tool (7-zip) and also me I got an error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.jar.Manifest.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at de.kugihan.jarCreator.JarCreator.writeJAR(JarCreator.java:150)
        at de.kugihan.jarCreator.JarCreator.main(JarCreator.java:83)

Out of the stand I have no explanation for that problem !  :-[

Short-term I made a quick build out of the development baseline (where I did include you updated files) and did put it there:
http://www.kugihan.de/dict/download/special_versions/for_Jeff/DictionaryForMIDs.jad
http://www.kugihan.de/dict/download/special_versions/for_Jeff/DictionaryForMIDs.jar
Those should work for testing. But it is based on the in-development 3.5-version.

Only a quick response till here ...

Best greetings,
Gert

dreamingsky

The version 3.5 files worked good.  Thanks for building them.  The errors with the version 3.4 files were strange.  Oh well.

Jeff

Gert

About that problem with JarCreator I made a few more tests. And I am sure that things worked fine before with manually updating the .jar file (I did do that plenty times before). Also with the 3.5 version I cannot manually update the .jar file. Only with the jar.exe-tool it works well, also with 3.4 (jar.exe is the development tool that is used to build the 'empty' version).

I tend to believe that there may be a problem with the latest Java Runtime; which would be amazing. Well, ok maybe something else ...

Will keep looking at that.

Regards !
Gert