Will there be a Sony Ericsson Solution?

Started by radhuber, 07. April 2008, 14:04:39

Previous topic - Next topic

radhuber

Hi everybody,

I will go to China the next days and so I was looking for some nice handy tool, that will allow some communication with the taxi driver at the airport and so on...

I found your application and was very happy to have a tool for german-chinese, german-english etc.

Unfortunately, I have a Sony Ericsson W850i and the only dictionary I found working a little bit is the version german-chinese 3.1.2. (3.2 does not work).
It only worked when I turned on the options:
-find exact match
-no color mode
-bit map mode

With this configuration I will get translation results.

In all other cases and languages a long list of blank items will be returned.

Will you adopt your software to SonyEricsson?
Will there be the possibility to import more dictionaries in one "translator"?
Will there be a solution for color and text size, working on SonyEricsson?

Best Regards,
Christian Radhuber

PS:
although quite limited in function and reliability on my Sony IT IS A VERY NICE TOOL ESPECIALLY FOR THAT COSTS  ::)

Gert

Hmmm, seems those Sony Ericsson cell phones are the 'never ending story' :(

Before your posting I assumed that things work well on the Sony Ericssons (including the bitmap fonts).

Sebastian made a significant effort to get those problems on the Sony Ericssons resolved. Seems there are still problems left.

Let's try if we can motivate Sebastian for another problem fixing effort ;)

Of course if there is someone who knows a Sony Ericsson developer, that could help also  :D

QuoteWill you adopt your software to SonyEricsson?
There seem to be problems with certain SE phones (probably including bugs in the firmware). Sebastian found workaround for those. Well, seems it does not work on your model/configuration.

QuoteWill there be the possibility to import more dictionaries in one "translator"?
One dictionary can have several languages. But there only one dictionary is included in a DfM JAR file. Of course you can install several dictionaries on your mobile / PDA.

QuoteWill there be a solution for color and text size, working on SonyEricsson?
Sebastian, help ... !

Gert

P.S.: Thanks for your good description of the problem.

Tomcollins

Hi!

Unfortunately you have to use bitmapfont, when you do not have a bitmapfont installed. In addition I also advice to always use the b/w mode if you use bitmapfonts.
As for the "find exact match", I don't know why this is necessary. Maybe another sony ericcson bug.

To avoid bitmapfont one radical solution is to change the language of your operating system to chinese/english. Which means you have to flash the whole device. This can be done by this small-mobile-shops-around-the-corner. Then you don't need bitmapfonts anymore.
But I think this is not interesting for someone just using the chinese fonts sometimes when travelling in china.

@size: You can change the size of the bitmapfont if you created a bitmapfonts with several sizes. This can in principle be done by everyone.

greetings,
Sebastian

clffrdhns

Looking forward to fixing things out. I am one of the many users of SE phones that have been waiting for every updates especially in terms of dictionary. It's very vital for us and to our business. I'd like to thank you guys for the efforts and for sharing to us.  :)