incompleate language 2 texts display

Started by daroojoo, 05. November 2011, 18:32:09

Previous topic - Next topic

daroojoo

Hello. thanks a lot for your products for java mobiles.
As I has mentioned before, I has created a dictionary by dfm 3.5.7, with each language 2 information, with larger text than usual for a normal languistic dictionary. my Phone is Nokia 7310 and runs my dictionary well. but many of other models (such as nokia 5630, Nokia x2, Nokia c600, Nokia n95 and ...), run language 2 text as incomplete (a few initial text lines only is seen :( ). this problem is only with Coloured displet (I need coloured display).  How can resolve this problem. Can you deal with it, in future versions, please?

Gert

Quotethis problem is only with Coloured displet (I need coloured display)

Again another problem with the StringColourItem class; there are several problems with that class, see for example http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=145.0

QuoteCan you deal with it, in future versions, please?

We need to find someone who is familiar with Java ME / MIDP and who is willing to spend time to rewrite the class StringColour Item. Until now we did not find a volunteer who is doing that ...  :'(

Gert

daroojoo

I dont think Coloured display has As many Problems AS you note. the only problem with coloured display is Incomplete display of large language 2 texts (I am working with it for a relatively long time and it was the only problem at various mobile phones). the problem "unsuitable theme backgruoud", as you mentioned is resolved with "backgroundColour: 255,255,255". I dont Know 2ME programming language but it seems that the problem is that all of coloured text is assumed as a single selection. May I ask you for Informing me when a new version (likely DFM 3.5.7) was developed or Class file of Coloured display was modified? If Yes, please make a Post at this topic for me.

Gert

Quotebut it seems that the problem is that all of coloured text is assumed as a single selection.
The granularity of the "selection" can be set with the content definition. Hmmm, is that documented ? I would have to check the documentation.

QuoteMay I ask you for Informing me when a new version (likely DFM 3.5.7) was developed or Class file of Coloured display was modified? If Yes, please make a Post at this topic for me.

DfM is maintained in the SVN repository: http://dictionarymid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dictionarymid/trunk/. Specifically for StringColourItem see http://dictionarymid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dictionarymid/trunk/JavaME/src/de/kugihan/dictionaryformids/hmi_java_me/lcdui_extension/StringColourItem.java?view=log

Gert

Gert

QuoteI dont know 2ME programming. I downloaded a file with the name: StringColourItem.java
Should I Class file with it? How Should I use this file to Modify Class file?

You really need to know JavaME/MIDP development in order to modify this class. Or find someone who has the knowledge ;)

Regards,
Gert

Stefan1200

First: You need the complete source of Dictionary for Mids, you can't just compile this one file alone.
Second: You have to use the J2ME compiler, not the J2SE compiler.