"use bitmap font" doesn't work

Started by caronka, 22. January 2008, 16:20:05

Previous topic - Next topic

caronka

Hi,

I have problem with function "use bitmap font" on my mobile phone sony ericsson K610i. I have made own dictionary, generation of font and png files was processed correctly, bud if I set this option on and I am trying to translate some word, there is no result. The screen is blank and just figures out a message (...max nr of hits reached). If I try the same without option "use bitmap font", it works correctly.

Have you any idea what's wrong ?

Thanks a lot

Olga

Gert

Sebastian will know how to help ;)

Hopefully he will read your posting and try to help (otherwise, maybe you could send an email to notify Sebastian on your posting).

Gert

Tomcollins

Hi!

Hmmm. You Could try to turn "Colored display" off . I can just guess. Bitmapfonts might not be loading correctly.
If you want you can send me your version (or a smaller test-version) and I'll have a look at it.
http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/contact.html

Sebastian

caronka

Thanks for your replies, but the option "Colored display" is not the case - it generates the same problem as option "use bitmap font", but I didn't write about it, because it's not important for me, I just needed to have correctly displayed diacritical characters  :)

@Sebastian, I wil post you my jar

Olga

lordtrancos

same problem here with same phone.

i might help. i've developed some j2me apps like http://suiteki.sourceforge.net

but, won't like to waste my time if its already fixed. :)
is it? if not... which is the source used to build
DictionaryForMIDs_3.1.2_EngJpnEDICT.zip ?

it's DictionaryForMIDs_3.1.1_source.zip ?

Gert

Ah, help is always appreciated :)

Besides, Sebastian made the last major improvements on the bitmap fonts.

Hmmm, getting the current version of the source would be better. I am not sure whether a change was done on the bitmap font code since 3.1.1 (I did not yet check this ...).

Can you easily access out CVS repositiory ? If not, tell me, then I can quickly make a new zip file with the current source code.

Regards,
Gert

lordtrancos

fine. i'll check the repository.

hope i'll find something about. :-)

Gert

Ok, great !

Besides, Sebastian told me that the problem from Olga was solved: there was a problem with the character encoding.

Regards,
Gert

Gert

Aha !?!

Honestly speaking, I did not completely understand the posting on "CustomItem paint/repaint on k610i" ...

Anayway, what do you think, could there be a workaround ?

Gert

lordtrancos

When "use bitmap font" is used, each entry found is displayed on an object know as CustomItem, instead of ListItem (or something like) that it's the default kind of object to display an item from a list.

CustomItem allows developer to paint itself the object instead of using default painting. So, that's why CustomItems are used when bitmap font are used.

My knowledge of j2me isn't great, so i don't known how to fix it. One way would be to use another kind of CustomObject instead of CustomItem, but i don't know if there's such thing, and how it would affect the behaviour of the application.

Another way would be not using forms and using a simple canvas (like games do), but that would need a lot of changes on the display stuff.

It's a bug on k610 (and others), so i can ask for a big workaround just to make my mobile do what it is supposed to do. So I might make a dirty-coding and private version of DictionaryForMIDs just for my sake if there's no way to use an easy workaround.

(sorry for my english)