excuse me! I can`t find DictionaryForMIDs.properties file

Started by omid020, 19. September 2007, 16:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

omid020

Hi
I`m not familiar with java  :-\
But I like to have my own mobile dictionary ;
I have read your manual but I can`t find DictionaryForMIDs.properties file in your packages ,
Also I don`t know how can I run Executable Jar files from my PC .
And I have installed JBuilder X Enterprise , but I don`t know it has J2SE or not !?
I have jdk1.4 and jre in my JBuilder installed folder but I don`t know they are included J2SE or not !?
Please guide me .
TNX

Gert

DictionaryForMIDs.properties is a file that you need to establish specifically for your dictionary. You can look at a sample file in the "Setting up a new dictionary" section of our homepage.

Please do read that "Setting up a new dictionary" section thoroughly, there you will also find the usage of the tools like DictionaryGeneration.

You neither need JBuilder nor a JDK, you don't need any sort of Java development environment at all, because you don't need to write only a single line of Java code.

You only need to have the Java runtime environment installed, as described under "Setting up a new dictionary".

Just run the tools with "java -jar ..." as described under "Setting up a new dictionary".

Regards,
Gert

omid020

Thanks Gert

I`ve read your Setting up a new dictionary section . I have found that I should create a file with txt format
and name it DictionaryForMIDs.properties , then I should place some information like below in it :
QuoteinfoText: English-Portuguese dictionary from IDP: http://www.june29.com/IDP
      dictionaryAbbreviation: IDP
      numberOfAvailableLanguages: 2
      language1DisplayText: English
      language2DisplayText: Portuguese
      language1FilePostfix: Eng
      language2FilePostfix: Por
      dictionaryGenerationSeparatorCharacter: '\t'
      indexFileSeparationCharacter: '\t'
      searchListFileSeparationCharacter: '\t'
      dictionaryFileSeparationCharacter: '\t'
      dictionaryGenerationInputCharEncoding: ISO-8859-1
      indexCharEncoding: ISO-8859-1
      searchListCharEncoding: ISO-8859-1
      dictionaryCharEncoding: ISO-8859-1
      language1DictionaryUpdateClassName: de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.dictgen.dictionaryupdate.DictionaryUpdateIDP
      language2DictionaryUpdateClassName: de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.dictgen.dictionaryupdate.DictionaryUpdateIDPSpa
      language1NormationClassName: de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.translation.normation.NormationEng
      language2NormationClassName: de.kugihan.dictionaryformids.translation.normation.NormationLat
Am I true ?
if not , please place a sample file download link here .
In fact I don`t know DictionaryForMIDs.properties file extension . Is ".properties" an extension for related file ?
TNX ::)

Tomcollins

Yeah. You're right about the "txt-format". Just write and save it like a text file and then rename the extension to ".properties".
And yes, ".properties" is the right extension.
If there's something else, don't hesitate to ask.

Sebastian

omid020