Where to get DictionaryForMIDs version 3.1.0?

Started by Inkus, 03. March 2007, 12:12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert

Here is how it works for me:

• I did put the dictionary-folder under "Aufnahmen" (in English this would be "Recordings"): see NokiaGalleryAufnahmen.png and NokiaGallerydictionary.png
  • Then I entered the path: see NokiaGalleryPath.png; note that the path has to be entered with the 'predef'-prefex (that's a speciality from Nokia)
  • Then I restarted: see NokiaAfterRestart.png
You can tell that it works from the title line which says "English > German".

Gert

Inkus

I do exactly as you pictured, but it is not working. I even do not see "English > German" label (I would expect to see "English" > "Spanish" as I use English-Spanish dictionary folder you have sent me by mail). Looks like I do something wrong. I'll try some other dictionaries and see if this a problem of this particular English-Spanish dictionary, or is it with DictionaryForMIDs itself(either .jar, or my settings). I'll post my findings here.

Inkus

I tried everything again - and it worked!!! I guess that was my mistake somewhere :)
The only problem is irritating confirmations of accessing my file system. But I guess the problem will be solved soon. Thank you.

Gert

Good to read that it finally works !

The clumsy thing is that the pathname currently needs to be manually entered. One wrong character and it won't work. Fortunately we already received the source code for a 'directory chooser' (works similar to a file explorer), if that is getting integrated, you can comfortably choose the right path.

Concerning these annoying confirmation messages: see http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/jsr75.html, section "Certification": in order to avoid the confirmation messages, a certificate is needed.

Gert

Gert

I just implemented an improvement: when the dictionary could not be successfully loaded after startup, then in the application title the message "No dictionary loaded" is displayed. Also the NullPointerException (when a translation is done without loaded dictionary) is fixed.

I will update the test version (from the hyperlink that I did post previously) "soon".

Gert

hanugro

Quote from: Gert on 03. March 2007, 16:26:45
DictionaryForMIDs 3.1 is delayed, mainly because of problems with SonyEricsson cell phones. Still, hope that we can do a test release of 3.1 'soon' (whatever that means ...). Just stay tuned ;)
Thanks, so the problem with SE phone will be solved!