Submit new dictionaries?

Started by n3wb13, 26. January 2010, 17:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

kopecky

Of course, it is no problem. I will test 'em in afternoon.

kopecky

Thank you for classes. Now I can say the classes work.

Now I have tried again compile in Netbeans and now by miracle I can compile without any errors. And I researched that single compiled classes don't work (even that from you-I get java-lang-thrown-error). But if I compile whole project, the java classes work.

Working example:
http://java-ap.wz.cz/MobileApplication1.jar

F.e. You can try search 'алкоголь' by typing 'alkogolx'.

Now I again try to build project with addition of dots and twice used strings.

EDIT: I hope that now I have fully working release of classes. The searching of dots assumes impossible. So the yards are replaced by 'x' again.

Gert

Great that now compiling works for you !

If you should have another update for one of your class files, just send it to me, after all your testing is complete and final (no need to hurry).

Best regards,
Gert

kopecky

Well, I've uploaded JAR archive with source code of new /edited files.

NormationLat: edited; extended character set
NormationRus2 & NormationUkr: new; typing azbuka by transcription into latin (+/- according the norm GOSP 1971, but no apostrophes and the yards are replaced by 'x')
NormationRusC & NormationUkr2: new; also typing azbuka by transcription into latin but according to +/- Czech ISO norm (letters are without diacritics, yards are replaced by 'x', ë is replaced by 'jo')
+ enhaced translation of environment of application into Czech language.

Czech language: tested; NormationLat, NormationRusC & NormationUkrC: tested; NormationRus2 & NormationUkr: tested in previous version (there was made no changes)

Link for files: http://java-ap.wz.cz/V7.ZIP

P.S. ZIP archive also contains empty JAR file.

Gert

Ok thanks a lot ! I will just wait a while before submitting your sources to sourceforge, just in case that there will be another update ....  ::)

Best regards,
Gert

Gert

@kopecky: could you provide for each NormationClass a description of its behaviour (so that it is clear, for example, what is the difference between NormationRus and NormationRus2). I will include that description on the project web pages.

Please, also include a description in each of the source file, and please do include your name and contact data in the source file.

I also would like to put on the contributor list, I assume this is ok for you ?

@n3wb13: also ok for you to be included in the contributor list ?

What contact data should I put on the contributor list for you ?

Thanks,
Gert

kopecky

Well, I can comment only classes what I have done. (I didn't made class NormationRus.)

NormationRus2 allows you to search words both in azbuka and latin transcription (according to the GOSP 1971 - but yards are 'x' and there are used no apostrophes).
NormationRusC allows you to search words both in azbuka and latin transcription (according to the Czech ISO norm - but yards are 'x', there are used no diacritics and ë is transcripted as 'jo').

NormationUkr allows you to search words both in azbuka and latin transcription (according to the GOSP 1971 - but yards are 'x' and there are used no apostrophes).
NormationUkrC allows you to search words both in azbuka and latin transcription (according to the Czech ISO norm - but yards are 'x', there are used no diacritics, ë is transcripted as 'jo' and ï as 'ji'.).

NormationLat is only upgrades today's version of it.
Czech translation was also only improved.

You can write full my name, but I don't want to have posted there my e-mail because of spam. If it is possible to make PHP form without visible e-mail (or hidden in source code visible at client), so do it (I have solved e-mail forms in this way). Otherwise, you can use link to the e-mail form on the my webpage, where are posted newly generated DfMs' dictionaries (http://java-ap.wz.cz/index.php?str=mail).

Gert

Thanks !

Well, do you have a clue what NormationRus does (I myself never looked at it) ? I mean, it seems that NormationRus was not suitable for your dictionary ?

And, for me as being ignorant of the Russian language: there are two different standards for the Russian transcription (GSOP and ISO) ?

Ok, I understand that you do not like your email published; uhm, I do not know PHP ... I will put the link to the web page. Please try to make sure that people can contact you via this way, also in a few years ;)

Best regards,
Gert

kopecky

Well, there are many differents standard. For example, look at wikipedia.
//Now I see that properly name of first transcription standard is GOST 1971.

It seems that NormationRus does only filtration of interpunctions and spaces. Also it seems that NormationNor and NormationEng does nothing and NormationEng2 is only duplicate of NormationLat with lots of missing special letters.

Gert

Oh, seems like our NormationClasses need some cleanup ...

Gert

@kopecky: I just wanted to ask if there is any other update on your Normation classes. If not, then I will put the ones that you posted above in the DfM baseline.

Regards,
Gert

kopecky

No, I have done no changes. This is still the latest version.

I checked licensions of dictionaries, but I have no time to translate information about dictionaries from Czech into English. Now, I can write notes about licensions into Czech text on my web and I think it is has zerro value for you.

Gert

Ok, I just submitted your Normation classes to the Subversion repository. Could you please check the files at http://dictionarymid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dictionarymid/trunk/DictionaryForMIDs/src/de/kugihan/dictionaryformids/translation/normation/

I will add the description on the web page later on.

In the file V7.zip there is also the file DictionaryForMIDs.languages. Is there any update in that file ?

QuoteI checked licensions of dictionaries, but I have no time to translate information about dictionaries from Czech into English. Now, I can write notes about licensions into Czech text on my web and I think it is has zerro value for you.

Well, if the author of the dictionaries is ok to distribute the license information in Czech only, then I am ok with that too.

Regards,
Gert

kopecky

The classes look alright.

There is no point license information in Czech language, but there is difficulty that I have description of that 30 (or littler over) dictionaries in Czech and there is no time to retype it into English at the moment.

Now, I can write licencions are totaly free expect Český tezaurus, Česko-brněnský slovník, Česko-valašský slovník, Česko-staroslověnský and Česko-slezský slovník.

Gert

Ok, do I understand well: the license is not a problem (at least for most of the dictionaries), but a descriptive text that gives information about the dictionaries is not yet available in English.
Well, the most important is to have an identification in the property infoText. Of course it may be nice to have an additional description in English which you can put in the zip file of the dictionary, but there is no need to do so (many dictionaries do not have an additional description in the zip file).

I added a page with descriptions on existing Normation classes: http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/newdictNormationLang.html
Is this description ok ?

Best regards,
Gert