Input cursor position wrong on Android 3.1

Started by Stefan1200, 30. December 2011, 11:41:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan1200

I use this application version 0.14 on my Samsung GalaxyTab 10.1 with Android 3.1. It works great with one exception.

The input cursor in the search field is always at position 0, which is annoying if there is already a word which has to be deleted first. I have to grab the cursor by hand and put it behind it. Just clicking behind that word don't help. Maybe you can change this behavior?

axin

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the bug report! I was able to reproduce the problem and surely understand why this is annoying... I added a fix to the current development version and uploaded a package here:
http://dictionarymid.sourceforge.net/android/DictionaryForMIDs_Android-0.15pre1.apk

Expected behaviour is:
On focus to the input box select all content so that you can easily delete it. So in your case two tabs behind the word you want to delete should allow you to delete the word without touching the cursor.

Do you still see the problem in that version? Please note that the package includes a new feature (search-as-you-type) and probably new bugs, I'm still testing it...

Cheers,
Achim

Stefan1200

Thanks for your answer. The new version fixes that problem. Word is now selected, which makes it easy to enter a new word. Also if I deselect that word, I'm now able to put the input cursor behind that word easily. Thats great, thank you.

I also like the new search-as-you-type feature, it works good here. :-)

Happy new year! :-)

axin

Great to know the fix is working for you!

I added some more improvements to search-as-you-type (it's much more responsive now) and probably upload the new version this weekend...

Happy new year :-)

Cheers,
axin