Intent/Tao Java on Windows Mobile 2005: investigate "Invalid Java-Archive" error

Started by Gert, 24. February 2007, 04:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor

Hi Gert,

testversion #4 works fine besides my selfmade ita-ger version.

Bye,
Oliver

Gert

Hey, we had exactly the same idea !! Testversion #4 is the #3 version where I just copied a dictionary-folder inside.

Here are the differences compared to the versions that you can download from the dowload page:
1. our 'hand-made' versions were not created by JarCreator. JarCreator among other things takes care for the naming of the application, so that you can install more than one dictionary at the same time.
2. The new Testversions are based on the 3.1.0 baseline. Some changes had been made there compared to 3.0.3, for example in manifest.mf now the entry for the icons points to a real bitmap file.

Could you check if the 3.1.0 Chinese test dictionary runs on your device ?

Thanks !
Gert

Igor

Hi Gert,

I can't find the Testversion for 3.1.0 (Chinese dictionary).

Bye,
Oliver

Gert

Igor

Hi Gert,
ok.
I have not enough free memory to install the midlet, but there was no error message. I can say, it would run.

Bye,
Oliver

Gert

Hey, you have a 'big' PDA, but not 6 MB of free memory ;) - just kidding.

Then I would say, that your 'invalid JAR-file' problem should be gone with version 3.1.0 !

So we only need to get all dictionaries to 3.1.0 (once the final 3.1.0 is released) ... well that job still needs to be done !

Regards,
Gert

Igor

Sounds good.
Is there anything I can do for getting the dictionaries to 3.1.0?

Bye,
Oliver

Gert

Yes - you can help a lot !!!

Just read this thread: http://dictionarymid.gottfried-signs.ch/index.php?topic=21.0

Could you then contact Donatas and support him on the task to make the dictionaries available on the latest version !?!

Thanks !
Gert

Gert

I still receive reports that there are problems with the Tao VM on Windows Mobile 5 or 6.

It seems that older versions prior to 3.1.2 will not work (hopefully finally someone takes the job to get the dictionaries to the latest version). But I am not sure whether the latest version will work on all Tao VMs.

Could someone check if this version can be installed successfully without "invalid jar" error:

http://www.kugihan.de/dict/download/test_versions/3.2.0pre-release2/empty/DictionaryForMIDs.zip

Already in advance thanks for testing !
Gert

Gert

I was wondering why the Tao homepage was not reachable in the last months. Now I read  the news: it seems that company does not exist any more ! Already happened by the middle of the year. Not a good perspective for improving the quality of their Java VM :(

Gert