First part of vocabulary files that could become dfm dictionaries

Started by Sabine Emmy Eller, 05. October 2010, 22:17:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabine Emmy Eller

Hi, I am creating a set of dictionaries and I am giving you the link already now even if the readme file is still missing:

http://ambaradan.i-iter.org/voxhumanitatis/file/189696514ca7/dictionaryformids

License is cc-by-sa, license holder is Vox Humanitatis (http://www.voxhumanitatis.org)

I myself cannot manage the dfm dictionary creation from here. These files over time will be extended with basic terminology but also specific one. Maybe there is someone here reading who would like to care about the transformation of these files. Over time data from other resources will come along. I just received various text files that first of all need cleaning. For example for French-German. The textfile has approx. 80.000 entries - after cleaning this will be less, but considering its size: the data I received for a group of langauges will give us nice dictionaries.

Please contact me through the contact form on http://www.voxhumanitatis.org - I cannot come around all too often here.

Thank you!

Cheers, Bina

Gabriel

First Vox Humanitatis was thought to go to Great Britain, but soon we understood that we would not be able to cope with it in terms of traveling and time expenditure. Italy then was the next logical destination for us. Wanting to concentrate on our goals to reach and to minimize time expenditure for travel and organisational tasks we talked with an association we know well: GoPiedmont, we organised the Festa dël Piemont 2008 with them. They offered us to integrate also because our goals are very much the same: them concentrating on Piedmontese culture, us on less ressourced cultures on an international level. So that is how Vox Humanitatis now has its base in Alba, Piedmont, Italy.by (Bina Meusl)

Sabine Emmy Eller

Quote from: Gabriel on 08. October 2010, 11:34:05
First Vox Humanitatis was thought to go to Great Britain, but soon we understood that we would not be able to cope with it in terms of traveling and time expenditure. Italy then was the next logical destination for us. Wanting to concentrate on our goals to reach and to minimize time expenditure for travel and organisational tasks we talked with an association we know well: GoPiedmont, we organised the Festa dël Piemont 2008 with them. They offered us to integrate also because our goals are very much the same: them concentrating on Piedmontese culture, us on less ressourced cultures on an international level. So that is how Vox Humanitatis now has its base in Alba, Piedmont, Italy.by (Bina Meusl)

May I ask you how come you copy and paste part of our website?

Gert

Bina,

QuoteMay I ask you how come you copy and paste part of our website?

One of that 'spam members' - those are like the pest ! I made several complaints to Stefan about such 'members' in our forum (Stefan is our forum administrator); well Stefan kept telling me that there is no way to avoid them, the only way is to block them once they made such a nonsense posting, and to delete their posting.

So ... if someone does volunteer to act as "Forum Cleaner" and check for such 'spam members', just send me a message ! We need some who is checking for 'spam members' and their postings.

Regards,
Gert

Sabine Emmy Eller

Quote from: Gert on 14. October 2010, 19:23:11

So ... if someone does volunteer to act as "Forum Cleaner" and check for such 'spam members', just send me a message ! We need some who is checking for 'spam members' and their postings.

What happens if I delete my initial post and then re-post it? does this delete all answers as well?

Cheers, Bina

Gert

QuoteWhat happens if I delete my initial post and then re-post it? does this delete all answers as well?

Guess not, don't know for sure; if you prefer I can delete this whole thread, and you could repost your message, preferably under the "Dictionaries" board (not here at Java ME).

Gert